Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE Monday Night RAW Viewing Party. Tonight's show comes from The Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia.
- Tonight's WWE RAW opens with a video package tribute on Memorial Day.
- We go right to the ring and out comes Braun Strowman to a big pop as fans do the "get these hands" chant. JoJo introduces him and we see the Money In the Bank briefcases hanging high above the ring.
Braun talks about how he will win the briefcase at Money In the Bank. Braun names the other competitors and says none of them will be able to stop him. He will go on to cash in and win the WWE Universal Title as Brock Lesnar will get these hands. Finn Balor interrupts and says he never lost the title, which eats at him every day. Balor enters the ring and they have words, leading to Braun calling him a little man. Balor slaps Braun and Braun launches him out of the ring. This leads to RAW General Manager Kurt Angle coming out and making a match. We go to commercial.
Braun Strowman vs. Finn Balor
Back from the break and Kevin Owens is out for commentary. The bell rings and they go at it. Braun dominates the match for several minutes. Balor fights back but Braun clubs him back to the mat. Owens stands up at the announce table and taunts Braun on the mic. Braun stares back at him and goes to work on Balor before we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and Balor eventuaally turns it around. Owens makes his presence known on the mic again. The finish sees Balor hit a Coup de Grace on Braun. He goes back to the top and goes for another Coup de Grace but Owens pushes him off the top to the floor.
Winner by DQ: Finn Balor
- After the match, Braun takes a ladder and launches it from thre ring, all the way ip the ramp at Owens. Owens manages to roll out of the way but he retreats to the back, running for his life. We get a replay as Braun's music hits.
- Still to come, the Second Chance Women's Gauntlet and Jinder Mahal vs. Seth Rollins.
- We see Elias backstage playing his guitar. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Owens is in a hurry to get out of the area when Angle stops him. Angle says he will be in a match tonight against the guys he dissed on commentary. Angle tells Owens to get dressed and he's not happy.
- We get a backstage selfie promo from Sasha Banks to hype the Gauntlet.
- Elias comes to the ring for another performance and ends up threatening to sit in the ring all night. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Elias is still in the ring. He threatens to leave and the crowd wants him to. WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins interrupts and Elias isn't happy about having to leave. They face off and he leaves anyway.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Jinder Mahal vs. Seth Rollins
Jinder Mahal is out next as Sunil Singh does the introduction. The bell rings and Rollins goes after Mahal, unloading. We go to commercial as they take the brawl to the floor.
Singh ends up interfering and getting ejected by the referee. This leads to Jinder hitting Rollins with a steel chair but Rollins still kicked out. The finish saw Rollins get disqualified when he unloaded on Jinder with the chair.
Winner by DQ: Jinder Mahal
- After the match, Rollins chased Jinder up the ramp and hit him with more chair shots. Singh tried to stop him but he also got dropped. Rollins posed on the announce table for a pop as his music hit. Elias comes out of nowhere and drops Rollins off the stage with a guitar. Elias stands over Rollins as we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get another video for Memorial Day.
- We see what just happened with Jinder, Rollins and Elias. We see medics and officials loading Rollins up on a stretcher. He's also wearing a neck brace. Rollins gets off the stretcher and insists on walking. He's helped to the back by Jamie Noble as we go back to the announcers.
- We go to the ring and out comes RAW Women's Champion Nia Jax. Jax heads to the ring but the music interrupts and out comes Ronda Rousey. Jax isn't happy about her entrance being interrupted. Rousey greets the announcers and joins them for commentary.
Jax takes the mic in the ring and says she's glad Ronda came out for this exhibition so she can show her exactly what will happen at Money In the Bank. An enhancement talent waits in the ring. Jax has her show us that "thingy" Rousey does, the armbar. Jax counters the jobber's armbar and powers up, slamming her down with a powerbomb. Jax tells Rousey the armbar doesn't mean much to her, that is if she can put it on. Jax tells the jobber to bring it again. Jax blocks a strike and drops her with a Samoan Drop. Graves says the jobber's name is Michelle Webb. Jax taunts Rousey again on the mic and continues to punish Webb. Jax tells Rousey about how her leg drop can crush a woman's chest but she has another move that can do the same. She turns and hits the senton on Webb. Jax taunts Rousey on the mic some more as she looks on from the announce table.
Jax calls Rousey to come to the ring and help Webb out. Fans pop. Rousey heads to the ring and enters. They circle each other and stare each other down. Jax asks if this is the intimidating look she's heard about. Jax says she's not so intimidated by it and she finds it humorous. Jax laughs at Rousey and says she's cute. Jax drops the mic and turns to leave the ring as Rousey stares at her. Jax leaves her back turned to Rousey and leaves the ring as her music hits.
- Still to come, the Last Chance Gauntlet for the final women's MITB spot. We get a backstage selfie video from Dana Brooke to promote the Gauntlet.
Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy vs. The Ascension
We go to the ring and out come RAW Tag Team Champions Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt for this non-title match. They pose as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Ascension are in the ring making their entrance. Matt starts off with Viktor. Wyatt and Hardy keep control with quick tags. Konnor comes in and drops Matt for a 2 count. They go at it for a few minutes now. Wyatt comes in on Viktor and unloads in the corner.
Wyatt drops Viktor and hits the senton for a 2 count as Konnor breaks the pin. Matt runs in but Konnor tries to slam him. Hardy counters with a Twist of Fate. Matt clotheslines Konnor over the top and they both hit the floor. Viktor with a close 2 count on Wyatt via roll-up. Wyatt with the Uranage. Wyatt and Hardy get hyped up before hitting the double team Kiss of Deletion. Matt covers Viktor for the win.
Winners: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt
- After the match, Hardy and Wyatt stand tall and pose together as their music hits.
- Kurt Angle is backstage in his office when The B Team walks in. They mock Wyatt and Hardy's celebration and tell Angle they want a title shot. Curtis Axel says they are undefeated and are ready for Wyatt and Hardy. Angle says two wins in a row does not qualify them for a shot. Angle asks what the other teams are going to think if he lets them jump over the others. Bo Dallas talks some nonsense but comes up with The B Team's Memorial Day BBQ. They hurry off as Angle rolls his eyes.
- Still to come, Roode vs. Owens. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a selfie video from The Riott Squad to hype the main event.
Bobby Roode vs. Kevin Owens
We go to the ring and out comes Bobby Roode. Kevin Owens is out next and he's looking over his shoulder for Braun Strowman.
The bell rings and they go at it. Owens takes control and works Roode around. Owens with a headlock now. Roode tries to fight out and Owens drops him with a shoulder. Roode turns it around and goes for the Glorious DDT but Owens blocks it. Roode avoids the pop-up powerbomb and sends Owens to the apron. Roode with a big clothesline to send Owens to the floor. Owens takes Roode's knee out on the apron and he falls hard. Owens launches Roode into the barrier as the referee counts. Owens with a big cannonball into the barrier as we go back to commercial.
More back and forth after the break. Roode goes for a neckbreaker but Owens blocks it. They tangle and Roode hits the neckbreaker for a 2 count. Roode ends up on the top and keeps control. Roode looks ready to put Owens away but Owens leaves the ring and walks up the ramp. Roode brings him back into the ring but Owens superkicks him as soon as he re-enters. Owens covers for a close 2 count.
Owens whips Roode for the pop-up powerbomb but Roode avoids it. Roode tries to roll Owens up but Owens drops down and turns the pin around on him. Owens gets the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
- After the match, Owens celebrates as his music hits. Roode looks on from the ring as Owens backs up the ramp. Braun Strowman's music suddenly hits and Owens turns around to see The Monster marching out from the back. Owens pleads and backs around the ringside area. Braun starts running, chasing Owens around the ring. Roode stops Owens from leaving up the ramp. Braun floors Owens in the ring with a big shoulder. Roode enters the ring and cheers on Strowman as he hits the running powerslam on Owens. Roode goes to the second rope and continues cheering Braun on as he hits another powerslam on Owens. Braun stands tall as his music hits. Braun turns and grabs Roode by his throat, bringing him down to his feet. Braun with a running powerslam on Roode now. Braun's music hits again as he stands tall.
- Still to come, Sami Zayn will issue a public apology for last week's segment with the "sisters" of Bobby Lashley. Graves said WWE officials were not happy with the segment. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Sami Zayn.
Sami takes the mic as we hear a loud "you suck!" from one fan. Sami says last week didn't go as he planned and he went too far. Sami says WWE management has been gracious in allowing him to come out and issue a formal apology for the segment with the "sisters" of Bobby Lashley. Sami says here goes his apology but the heat continues. He clears his throat and reads an apology, to the entire WWE Universe and the Lashley family. Sami calls the interview with Lashley's sisters highly-rated. He goes into recalling all the social media criticism, including one fan who said it made him embarrassed to be a Sami fan. Sami says not just social media but he was bombarded with texts and emails. Even the 30 year old New York man who was evicted in court by his parents sent him a DM and said he should be ashamed. Sami says worst of all, he lied to us all. Those were not Lashley's sisters. In fact, they were men. Men that Sami hired to gave a little bit of fun at Lashley's expense. His intentions were to inform and entertain, not provoke. Sami says to everyone involved, he is... he stammers around the apology and asks for fans to give him a break. He just wants to say... I'm sorry. However, it should be noted that everything he said last week was true, he says.
Sami goes on and says those were actors playing the sisters but all the stories were true. His exposé on Lashley was rooted in reality. Sami knows he's such a good artist that he doesn't expect us to get it. He says history will look back on the interview very favorably. Sami goes on defending the segment and says he's the one who should be receiving apologies from us because he deserves better, he deserves more, he deserves to be in Money In the Bank, he deserves to be defeating Seth Rollins for the WWE Intercontinental Title tonight instead of issuing an apology in Richmond, Virginia. The music hits and out comes Lashley.
Lashley takes the mic and says Memorial Day is special for families like his. He salutes and gives thanks to the families with veterans. Fans chant USA and Lashley salutes the crowd. Lashley says it's good to see Sami again. He says Sami never contacted his sisters but even they think he's quite entertaining. Lashley says that stuff last week gets old fast and he can see they have an issue between them but they should settle it in the ring. Lashley challenges Sami to a match at Money In the Bank. Lashley tells Sami to do the right thing and back the trash talking up. Lashley extends his hand and tells Sami to shake it. Sami finally does and holds it, mocking Lashley and saying he will knock the smile off his face with a Helluva Kick. Sami tries to pull his hand back but Lashley holds on, bringing Sami to his knees with a grip. Sami begs Lashley, saying he hurt him. Lashley has an apology of his own. He apologizes for everything he's going to do to Sami at Money In the Bank. Sami screams in pain and Lashley finally lets go of his hand. Lashley leaves the ring as his music plays.
- Still to come, our Gauntlet main event. We get a backstage promo from Mickie James to hype the match.
Drew McIntyre vs. Chad Gable
We go to the ring and out comes Drew McIntyre. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get another Memorial Day video. We also get a preview for Buddy Murphy vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander on this week's WWE 205 Live episode. We go back to the ring and Dolph Ziggler waits with McIntyre. Chad Gable is out next.
The bell rings and they go at it. Gable wants to wrestle but McIntyre beats him down. Drew takes it to the corner and delivers big chops to Gable. McIntyre talks some trash as he continues the beatdown. Gable turns it around but Drew levels him with a big boot to the face. Drew mounts Gable next and pounds on him. McIntyre with more offense, including a suplex for a 2 count. McIntyre keeps Gable grounded now.
Ziggler cheers Drew on as he continues the assault. Drew takes Gable to the second rope on his shoulders but Gable sends him to the mat. Drew shuts down Gable's comeback and sends him out to the floor. Drew follows but Gable fights back on the floor. Gable with a spinkick on the floor as the referee counts. Drew ends up catching Gable in mid-air and slinging him into the ring post as Ziggler watches. Drew brings it back into the ring and waits for Gable to get up. McIntyre puts him right back down with the Claymore kick for the pin.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
- After the match, McIntyre poses on his knees as his music hits. Ziggler joins him in the ring as we go to replays. Ziggler and McIntyre head to the back.
- Still to come, The B Team's Memorial Day Tag Team BBQ. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and there's a cookout going on in the ring. The B Team are hosting their Memorial Day Tag Team BBQ and several teams are fixing their plates or already eating - The Revival, Titus Worldwide, Breezango, The Ascension, Heath Slater and Rhyno.
Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas make jokes about the B Team-themed food items they have. They go on about deserving a title shot from RAW Tag Team Champions Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. Titus O'Neil rips the BBQ for not having brisket, ribs, macaroni & cheese, or any season on the food. Titus says there's no way they're skipping in line ahead of the other tag teams. Slater interrupts Titus and says this would be a feast in West Virginia where he's from. They make jokes on Rhyno, who has a whole tray full of sandwiches. Slater agrees that The B Team can't cut in line for a title shot. Axel says if the other teams won't agree that The B Team deserves a title shot, then they will take their food back. This leads to Titus dumping baked beans over Bo's head. Fandango smears a bowl of potato salad on Axel. A big food fight breaks out now.
Everyone goes to the floor as the food fight continues. Rhyno is left in the ring eating his bologna sandwiches. He starts tossing some to the crowd. Axel and Dallas return to the ring and double team Rhyno, putting him through a table. The B Team stands tall as their music hits and we go to replays.
- Still to come, the women's main event. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the following matches are announced for next week's RAW - Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Roode, Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens and Nia Jax vs. Natalya.
- The B Team enter Kurt Angle's office and want a title shot after what happened at their BBQ. Angle makes a tag team Battle Royal for next week's RAW. The winners will face Wyatt and Hardy for the RAW Tag Team Titles at Money In the Bank.
Last Chance Money In the Bank Gauntlet Qualifier: Bayley, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Ruby Riott, Dana Brooke, Mickie James, Sasha Banks
We go to the ring and out first comes Bayley for tonight's main event. Charly Caruso interviews Bayley in the ring. She talks about not backing down from any fight and issues individual warnings to the other competitors as we see the briefcases hanging above the ring. Liv Morgan is out next to start the match with Bayley, representing The Riott Squad.
The bell rings and Bayley immediately nails a Bayley-to-Belly suplex to quickly eliminate Liv from the match. Sarah Logan is out next.
Logan hits the ring and Bayley ducks a shot. Logan blocks the suplex but ends up on the floor. Bayley comes flying through the ropes and drops Logan on the floor. Bayley brings her back in and covers for a 2 count. Logan ends up tossing Bayley over her head for a 2 count. We see Ember Moon backstage watching the match. Logan with more offense and another pin attempt. Bayley counters a pin attempt and reverses to get the quick pin on Logan to eliminate her. Liv hits the ring and they double team Bayley. Ruby Riott is out next. Bayley is laid out as Liv and Logan look on. We go to commercial with Ruby walking down the ramp.
Back from the break and Ruby has Bayley down on the mat. Bayley looks to make a comeback now. We see Alexa Bliss backstage watching the match. Ruby runs into boots in the corner but she turns it back around and drops Bayley for the pin. Bayley has been eliminated. Dana Brooke is out next.
Dana ends up taking Ruby to the corner and unloading on her. Brooke with a huge clothesline out of the corner for a close 2 count. Riott blocks a shot and hits the Riott Kick for the pin. Dana has been eliminated. Mickie James is out next for a big hometown pop.
Mickie pulls Ruby out of the ring and works her over. Mickie brings her in for offense and sends her back out, following up with a leap off the apron. Mickie brings it back in for a 2 count. More back and forth now. Mickie drops Ruby for a close 2 count. Ruby goes to the floor and tries to recover but Mickie runs the ropes and dropkicks her through the ropes. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Mickie unloads on Ruby with some of her signature moves in the ring as the hometown crowd cheers. Mickie counters a move and drops Ruby. Mickie kips up and looks at the briefcases as fans cheer again. Mickie goes to the top and hits a Thesz Press for a 2 count. More back and forth on the mat. Mickie with a 2 count. Ruby counters a move and rolls Mickie up for the pin with a handful of tights. Fans boo as Mickie has been eliminated off a cheap pin. Sasha Banks is out next.
Ruby and Sasha go at it, trading moves and pin attempts. Sasha takes Ruby down by the arm and keeps her grounded. Ruby gets up and they botch a move as Banks tries to drop her into the submission. Ruby with the STO for another pin attempt. Ruby with stomps in the corner now. Ruby keeps control as we see Natalya backstage watching the match. Sasha fights back and rocks Ruby in the face. Sasha fights out of the corner but gets sent to the apron. Sasha with a knee to the face from the apron. Sasha comes flying off the top for a 2 count on Ruby. More back and forth now. Ruby catches Sasha with the big DDT for a close 2 count. Ruby drops Sasha with a kick for another close pin attempt.
Ruby pounds on Sasha some more and takes her to the top for a superplex. Banks resists and fights back. Sasha with elbows to the back of the head. Sasha drops down under Ruby and ends up bringing her to the mat with a powerbomb. Ruby kicks out at 2. Sasha with the Banks Statement now. Sasha breaks the hold to knock Liv and Logan off the apron as they try to interfere. This leads to Sasha dropping Ruby back into the Banks Statement for the win and the final spot in the women's Money In the Bank Ladder Match.
Winner: Sasha Banks
- After the match, Sasha stands tall as her music hits. The Riott Squad regroups on the ramp. Sasha looks and points up at the briefcases as the celebration begins. RAW goes off the air with Sasha standing tall.