Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE Monday Night RAW Viewing Party. Tonight's show comes from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis.
- Tonight's WWE RAW opens up with a graphic in memory of WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino, who passed away last Wednesday at the age of 82. We see Vince McMahon and the rest of the roster lined up on the stage inside the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. Fans are chanting "Bruno" as JoJo asks us to stand for a ten-bell salute. We cut to a video package on Bruno's career.
- We come back from the video and the music hits as WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar comes to the ring with Paul Heyman. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. He's joined by Corey Graves and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, who is filling in for Jonathan Coachman this week. Cole says Coach is on assignment this week but Graves says he's out golfing. We go to commercial as The Beast hits the ring.
- Back from the break and Heyman is in the ring with a mic. He starts bragging about the WrestleMania 34 win over Roman Reigns, also mentioning how Lesnar dominated guys like John Cena and The Undertaker in the past. Heyman goes on and says Lesnar doesn't gloat but Heyman sure does. He rants about Lesnar taking Reigns to Suplex City and leaving him laying. Heyman says none of this means anything to Brock Lesnar because Brock Lesnar does not dwell on the past, even when the past was just two weeks ago. Heyman says Lesnar looks ahead to the future, especially when the future is this Friday in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the Greatest Royal Rumble event. Heyman says Lesnar is so crazed to be in a UFC fight that he will hop on a private jet and fly around the world to Saudi Arabia just to be locked inside of a cage with Reigns.
Some fans start chanting for Reigns and Heyman asks if they really think being in the cage was Reigns' idea? Heyman says WWE had no choice but to send Lesnar a big fat contract with a pay raise once he pinned Reigns. Heyman says WWE went to Lesnar and said they needed the title defended in Saudi Arabia and Lesnar demanded they give him Reigns because he was still breathing, in a Steel Cage. Heyman says the odds are more stacked against reigns now than they were at WrestleMania and that's not a prediction, it's a spoiler. Reigns is stepping into a cage with the greatest cage fighter of all-time, Heyman says. He goes on about how Lesnar will destroy Reigns on Friday, sending him back to the United States in pieces, in boxes, as a former WWE Superstar. Heyman goes on but the music interrupts and out comes Reigns.
Reigns marches to the ring and takes his time entering, staring Lesnar down. Reigns meets Lesnar in the middle of the ring and nods at him. The staredown continues as Lesnar starts smiling. Reigns says Lesnar is right, he doesn't know how he's going to get back home but he knows one thing, St. Louis - he's coming back from Saudi Arabia with the title. And you can believe that. Reigns drops the mic and backs out of the ring as his music starts back up. Reigns mouths some words to Lesnar as he leaves the ring.
- Still to come, The Sami & Kevin Show will premiere with RAW General Manager Kurt Angle as the first guest. Also, a big ten-woman match as the main event - Sarah Logan, Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, Mickie James and Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya, Ember Moon, Sasha Banks, Bayley and RAW Women's Champion Nia Jax.
- We see Elias backstage walking for a match with Bobby Roode. Back to commercial.
Elias vs. Bobby Roode
Back from the break and Elias is in the ring with a spotlight & his guitar. Elias briefly introduces himself but he's quickly interrupted by the music as Bobby Roode makes his entrance.
The bell rings and they lock up. Elias takes Roode down in a headlock. Elias drops Roode with a shoulder but Roode comes back with an elbow. Roode with shots in the corner now. Elias fights out with chops of his own. Elias ducks the Blockbuster but Roode comes back with the inverted atomic drop and a dropkick for a 2 count. Roode keeps Elias grounded now as Roode sells a knee injury.
Elias fights back and drops Roode with a right hand to turn it around. Elias with chops against the ropes while talking trash now. Elias avoids the Glorious DDT but Roode clotheslines him over the top rope to the floor. Roode stands tall and gets a pop as we go to commercial.
Back and forth after the break. Roode gets sent into the ring post in the corner. Elias keeps Roode grounded as the screen splits with a promo for the Greatest Royal Rumble event. Elias turns it around in the corner and stomps away on Roode. Elias with a big boot to the head. Elias slams Roode onto the apron now and delivers a running knee to the face for a 2 count. Elias comes back in and keeps Roode grounded in a submission.
Roode tries to fight up and out but Elias takes him back down. Roode finally manages to slam Elias with a side suplex. Roode with more offense as he makes a comeback. Roode hits a neckbreaker and goes to the top. Roode nails the flying clothesline as fans cheer for him. Roode calls for the Glorious DDT but Elias backdrops him. Rode rolls him up but only gets a 2 count. More back and forth. Roode hits the Blockbuster but Elias rolls out of the ring and avoids the pin.
Roode goes to the floor and brings Elias back in. Elias catches him coming in over the ropes and rolls him up for the pin.
- After the match, Elias looks on from the bottom of the ramp as his music hits. Roode sits up in the ring as we go back to replays. Elias backs up the ramp as Roode looks on from the ring.
- Matt Hardy is backstage. He talks about the future being clear for the title shot at Greatest Royal Rumble on Sunday and mentions entering The Wasteland tonight, presumably for a match against The Ascension. Bray Wyatt appears and talks about casting a shadow with Hardy that will engulf all living things. They laugh together and turn to the camera to issue a warning - run. We go to commercial.
The Ascension vs. Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt
Back from the break and The Ascension is already out in the ring. Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt are out next.
Matt starts things off with Viktor. Matt gets everyone to give Viktor a standing ovation after a few simple moves. Wyatt scares Viktor and allows Matt to get the upperhand. Wyatt tags in for some double teaming. Wyatt goes for the Uranage but Viktor avoids it and in comes Konnor. Konnor rocks Wyatt but Wyatt drops him with a clothesline. Matt tags back in now.
Matt and Wyatt with more double teaming as Matt gets the upperhand on Konnor. Matt gets the "delete!" chant going but Konnor rams him back into the corner. Viktor tags in as they double team and unload to beat Hardy down in the corner. Konnor with more offense and a 2 count. Viktor tags back in and launches himself at Hardy for a 2 count. Viktor keeps Matt grounded now. Wyatt comes back in and turns it around on Viktor. Wyatt nails a boot to Konnor and goes back to work at Viktor, launching himself at him off the ropes.
Wyatt turns upside down in the corner for a pop. He unloads on Viktor and in comes Hardy for the Side Effect. Viktor kicks out at 2. Matt calls for the "delete!" chant but Konnor runs in to stop the Twist of Fate. Wyatt takes Konnor out of the ring with a Sister Abigail. Wyatt tags back in for the double team finisher on Viktor. Wyatt covers for the pin while Matt stares at him.
Winners: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt
- After the match, Wyatt and Hardy stand tall together and pose as the music hits.
- Still to come, The Sami & Kevin Show. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and they air another video on Bruno Sammartino with social media comments from Triple H, Bruno Mars and others.
- We go to the ring and out come Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens for the premiere of their new segment - The Sami & Kevin Show. The ring cover is red and there are a few easels with photos & their logo displayed. Sami and Owens take their seats at a table. They both have their own microphones. Owens welcomes us.
Sami says this isn't just any old show, this is the new hottest, possibly weekly, interview show in WWE. They say they will do it whenever they feel like it. Fans boo when they praise The Miz and talk about how he left RAW last week but who better to fill that void than them. Sami mentions how one of them will win the big 50-man Rumble match in Saudi Arabia this week. They go on and introduce tonight's guest by singing "you suck!" - RAW General Manager Kurt Angle.
Angle enters the ring and they offer him a chair but it's just a cheap lawn chair. Sami and Owens poke at Angle over RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon, saying she has Angle's manhood in a jar back at WWE HQ. Angle mentions how Stephanie would be able to use her arm if it weren't for Ronda Rousey. They warn him because he needs this job. They also crack jokes over the whole Jason Jordan story. Owens says tonight isn't about the past, it's about the future and what Angle will give them to maximize Stephanie's investment in hiring them. Angle wants to repay them for being so endearing to them. Angle says he will be in the 50-man Rumble match on Friday and so will Daniel Bryan. Fans chant "yes!" now. And so will Chris Jericho be in the match, and every other Superstar Owens and Sami have endeared over the years. But that's Friday and this is RAW, Angle wants to repay them tonight as well. He announces Sami and Owens vs. Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman. Fans pop. Angle's music hits as he makes his exit. Sami and Owens aren't happy.
- Seth Rollins is backstage. Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel walk in. They said goodbye to The Miz last week and said hello to their futures. Axel says it's time to "burn it down!" now. They reveal they're wearing Rollins t-shirts. Dallas says they can be the new Shield. Rollins says their hearts are in the right place but it's gong to be a hard no. He walks off.
- We go back to the announcers for more discussion on Friday's big Greatest Royal Rumble event and the WWE Network.
Titus Worldwide vs. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre
Back from the break and Titus Worldwide is in the ring - Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil and Dana Brooke. We see what Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre did to them last week. The bagpipes start up as Drew makes his way out. Dolph Ziggler's music hits and he joins Drew. They head to the ring together.
Ziggler starts off with Titus and Titus takes control. Titus with offense before Crews tags in. Crews hits a standing moonsault for a 2 count. Crews with more offense until Drew gets the tag in off a double team. McIntyre works Crews over and taunts Titus. Ziggler tags in before a few big double team combo moves.
Ziggler talks some trash and picks Crews up as McIntyre tags back in for the double team. They nail the Claymore - Zig Zag combo finisher and Drew covers for the pin on Crews.
Winners: Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, we get replays as Ziggler and McIntyre stand tall while the music plays. Charly Caruso interviews Ziggler and McIntyre in the ring. Ziggler says no one has ever had his back from day one but now Drew does and that's why he brought him to RAW. Ziggler says Drew is dangerous. Drew says that's right he is dangerous, especially to a locker room that has gone soft. He sees no ambition backstage, just people collecting checks and it makes him sick. Drew says this is what a Superstar looks like and how a Superstar speaks, and he has all the credentials in the world to back it up. Drew says times are changing. He's not what WWE wants but he's the wake-up call and the reality check that this place desperately needs. Ziggler says they don't give a damn about showing off because this right here, this is... The Show. Ziggler and Drew leave as the music starts back up.
- We see Kurt Angle watching Drew and Ziggler. He says not bad. Chad Gable walks in and thanks Angle for bringing him to RAW. He says this is an awesome opportunity and he does not plan on wasting it. He asks Angle how Jason Jordan is. Angle says he's doing fine and will be back soon but he didn't bring Gable to team with Jordan,he brought him to be a singles competitor. Jinder Mahal and Sunil Singh suddenly appear to complain about how Jeff Hardy won the WWE United States Title and then went to SmackDown. Jinder says he will win the title on Friday in Saudi Arabia and then wants to be sent back to the blue brand. Angle says that's not happening. Gable speaks up and says Jinder needs to learn about respect. Jinder disrespects Gable. This leads to some shoving and Angle makes the match. We go to commercial.
Jinder Mahal vs. Chad Gable
Back from the break and out comes Sunil Singh to introduce Jinder Mahal. Chad Gable is out next. Gable approaches the ringside area but Singh distracts him, allowing Jinder to nail a cheap shot. Jinder beats Gable up at ringside and rolls him in the ring. Jinder stomps as the referee backs him off and we get a replay of what just happened.
The referee checks on Gable and he's ready to go. The bell rings and Gable goes right to work on Jinder. Jinder shuts Gable down with a big kick. Gable counters a move and rolls Jinder up. Gable dumps Jinder over the top rope to the floor. Gable follows but Jinder nails a big clothesline on the floor. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Jinder has Gable grounded in the ring. Jinder with a suplex for a 2 count. Jinder with more stomping now. Gable fights back but Jinder shuts him down and whips him hard into the turnbuckles chest-first. Gable finally makes a comeback and unloads with offense. Gable focuses on the legs now, keeping Jinder down and off his feet.
Jinder cuts Gable off with a knee to the gut. Jinder scoops Gable on his shoulders but Gable fights out. Jinder catches Gable and drops him over the top rope. Jinder with a big running knee but he wastes some time. Gable blocks The Khallas and rolls Jinder up with a counter for the pin out of nowhere.
Winner: Chad Gable
- After the match, Gable immediately exits the ring and celebrates. He looks shocked. Jinder looks on from the ring as we go to replays.
- Renee Young is backstage with The Riott Squad, asking about last week's attack on Bayley and Sasha Banks. They say it was a message to the entire division. They came to disrupt, not be friends or role models. They go on about tonight's 10-woman main event and walk off.
- Back from the break and we get more graphics on Bruno.
- The announcers show us the earlier face off with Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns.
- We cut to a backstage video from Samoa Joe. He's worried he might not have an opponent for Backlash because of Brock Lesnar conquering Roman Reigns in Saudi Arabia and burying him in the Arabian desert.
- The announcers hype Greatest Royal Rumble once again.
- Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas are backstage talking to Finn Balor about replacing Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson now that they were sent to SmackDown. They're wearing Balor Club t-shirts and try to "too sweet" Balor but he's not interested. He shuts their "too sweet" down and walks off. Dallas asks Axel if he's thinking what Dallas is thinking but he has no idea what Dallas is thinking.
- Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are walking backstage. Back to commercial.
Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens vs. Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley
Back from the break and out first comes Kevin Owens with Sami Zayn. Bobby Lashley is out first for his team. Braun Strowman is out next.
Sami and Owens both go to the floor as we get the bell. Braun and Lashley look ready to go but the others are not. Sami and Owens wait in the ring now as Braun and Lashley talk things over. They try to play more games but Braun catches them both on the floor. Braun sends Sami into the barrier and sends Owens into the ring. Lashley takes Owens and hits a neckbreaker. Lashley with more offense now, including a big Spinebuster. Lashley stands tall for a pop.
Braun with a big right hand and a thrust against the turnbuckles. Lashley beats Owens down with elbows to the head in the corner. Lashley puts the boot to Owens and keeps him down in the corner. Owens finally gets a kick in. Lashley takes Owens to the corner but Owens keeps control and in comes Sami. Sami unloads on Lashley in the corner now. Lashley fights out with ease and sends Sami down with a suplex for a 2 count. Lashley with more offense int he corner until Sami drops him with a boot. Owens tags back in for a bit of double teaming in the corner. Sami and Owens keep up the quick tags and offense in the corner now. Lashley tosses Owens to the floor and scoops Sami, launching him face-first into the top turnbuckle. Lashley goes on and hits a crossbody on Sami for a 2 count.
Lashley with a big thrust in the corner to Sami. Owens pulls the top rope down and Lashley tumbles over to the floor. Owens delivers a senton on the floor and Lashley is down. Owens screams out from the apron as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sami is working Lashley over in the corner. Lashley catches a charging attempt and launches Sami across the ring for a pop. Lashley crawls for the tag. Owens comes in first and stops the tag. Owens mounts Lashley and unloads on him now.
Sami tags in and stops Lashley from tagging again. Sami is on Lashley's back now. Lashley powers up but Sami holds on and Lashley goes back to his knees. Lashley powers up again and slams Sami to the mat. Lashley finally floors through Sami and gets the hot tag to Braun. Braun runs around the ring and floors Owens into the barrier. Braun enters the ring and flattens Sami next. Braun runs back to the outside and rams Owens back into the barrier as soon as he gets to his feet.
Braun returns to the ring and nails a big clothesline to Sami. Braun runs back around the ring and hits a huge dropkick to Owens just as he's getting back up. Braun stands tall and raises his arms as fans pop. Braun goes back into the ring and gives those hands to Sami. Braun tosses Sami into the corner and splashes him. Fans chant "get these hands" now. Lashley is smiling.
Braun tags Lashley in for the double team as he tosses Sami across the ring and Lashley scoops him for the big vertical suplex. Lashley keeps Sami high in the air as fans cheer. Lashley finally brings Sami to the mat. Braun is tagged back in now. Braun scoops Sami and hits the big running powerslam for the pin.
Winners: Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley
- After the match, Braun's music hits as he stands tall in the middle of the ring with Lashley. We go to replays. We come back to fans cheering as Strowman and Lashley celebrate.
- Still to come, our 10-woman main event plus Seth Rollins and Finn Balor vs. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. Also, Baron Corbin is here. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the announcers plug World Wish Day.
No Way Jose vs. Baron Corbin
We go to the ring and out comes No Way Jose with his conga line. Baron Corbin is out for his first appearance since the Superstar Shakeup last week. Corbin speaks from the stage and says he saw through Jose's little plan. This conga line is clearly a setup for Jose's guys to attack Corbin from behind when he's beating on Jose. Corbin gets it, Jose is here to have fun. Corbin's idea of fun is ruining other people's fun. Corbin says he's a former champion and he's here on RAW to be champion again. Corbin says Jose just isn't on his level and as long as Jose has his conga line, Corbin says "no way" to a match.
Corbin walks back to the back. Jose takes the mic and says the party doesn't have to stop just because Corbin doesn't want to have fun. Jose calls for his music to start back up and the conga line resumes around the ring. The dancers head to the back and Jose stops on the stage to say goodbye to the crowd but Corbin attacks him from behind. Corbin destroys Jose on the stage and leaves him laying after a chokeslam backbreaker. Corbin stands tall and poses as some fans boo.
- We go to a video segment with Alexa Bliss - A Moment of Bliss. She talks about being against bullies and accuses RAW Women's Champion Nia Jax of bullying a hungry homeless woman when they were out together one time. Bliss tells Nia's partners to not be accomplices to her bullying. She goes on and says she will prove at Backlash that bullies don't always win when she beats Jax for the title, a process that will begin tonight.
Finn Balor and Seth Rollins vs. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas
We go to the ring and out comes Finn Balor. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins. Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are out next. They still use The Miz's theme song and are still announced as The Miztourage.
Dallas starts off with Balor and takes control. Axel comes in and mocks Balor with the "too sweet" gestures after dropping him with a shoulder. They lock up and Balor goes behind but Axel knocks him back. Balor counters and dropkicks Axel for a 2 count. Axel turns it back around and tags in Dallas. Dallas drops a knee and covers for a 2 count. Dallas drops more knees for another pin attempt. Dallas keeps Balor grounded now and talks some trash.
Balor fights back but Dallas keeps control. Balor finally drops Dallas with an overhead kick for a pop. Rollins and Axel tag in at the same time. Rollins springboards in and unloads. Dallas gets dropped off the apron. Rollins with a Slingblade to Axel. Rollins sends Axel into Dallas and then Axel off the apron to the floor, landing beside Dallas. Rollins runs the ropes and nails the suicide dive to his opponents. Rollins brings Axel back into the ring and hits a Blockbuster.
Axel cranks up for the Blackout curb stomp as fans chant "burn it down" now. Axel blocks and goes for the Perfectplex but it's blocked. Rollins nails the stomp. Balor tags in as Rollins takes Dallas down on the outside. Balor goes to the top and nails a Coup de Grace on Dallas for the pin.
Winners: Finn Balor and Seth Rollins
- After the match, Balor and Rollins stand tall in the ring together as their arms are raised. Balor's music plays. The announcers hype the Fatal 4 Way Ladder Match in Saudi Arabia on Sunday with Rollins defending against Balor, Samoa Joe and The Miz. They shake hands and have some friendly words.
- Ember Moon, Natalya, Sasha Banks, Bayley and RAW Women's Champion Nia Jax are backstage talking about the main event. Jax says mocking her is bad for your health in regards to Alexa Bliss' words earlier. They all leave but Bayley and Banks stare each other down for a few extra seconds. Still to come, our 10-woman main event. Back to commercial.
The Riott Squad, Mickie James and Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley, Sasha Banks, Natalya, Ember Moon and Nia Jax
Back from the break and out first comes Mickie James and Alexa Bliss. The Riott Squad is out next - Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan and Ruby Riott. Bayley is out first for her team, followed by Ember Moon and then Natalya. Sasha Banks is out next and RAW Women's Champion Nia Jax is out last to a pop.
Sasha starts things off with Liv. Liv taunts Sasha. They go at it and in comes Logan for the double team. Logan takes over on Banks and beats her around. Logan mounts Sasha and rag-dolls her on the apron a bit. Banks catches a kick and finally fights back. Banks gets sent tot he apron but she fights in and drops Logan for a 2 count. Banks keeps Logan grounded after slowing things down. Liv tags back in for double teaming in the corner. Liv runs into boots in the corner. Liv ducks Sasha but Sasha comes right back and slaps Liv to the mat. Banks with a 2 count.
Banks tags in Ember and she takes Liv down for a quick pin attempt. Ember sends Liv to the corner and keeps control with a few high Impact moves. Ember with a 2 count. Ember sends Liv to the floor and nails a big suicide dive. Logan and Ruby drag Liv to safety as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Logan has control of Banks in the ring. Banks fights out but Logan stops her from tagging. Logan overpowers Banks back into the corner. Mickie tags in and stomps away on Sasha in the corner. Mickie takes Sasha down and talks trash as fans try to rally. The screen splits with a promo for the Greatest Royal Rumble event.
Banks finally tags in Natalya. She unloads on Mickie and nails a suplex. Natalya with another suplex. Natalya takes Mickie down, steps on her head and hits the basement dropkick for a 2 count. Natalya catches a kick and drops Mickie for the Sharpshooter. Natalya gets it locked in and stops Mickie from getting the bottom rope. Logan runs in with a chop block and breaks the hold. Natalya tags Bayley in but Mickie kicks Natalya's injured leg on her way out. Natalya lands out on the floor and an official calls for help. She's also hurting from the chop block that Logan hit her with. A trainer comes down with another official to check on Natalya. Banks also checks on her.
Ruby and Bayley go at it in the ring now. Ruby hits the STO for a 2 count. We see Natalya out on the floor clutching her knee. Jax finally tags in and rams Ruby into the corner. Jax runs wild on Ruby and presses her high in the middle of the ring, winking at Bliss while she holds her. Jax slams Ruby to the mat and hits the big leg drop. She goes for the pin but the ring fills up and we have chaos. The ring empties as the brawl goes to the floor. Jax goes to the apron and leaps off onto the others. Everyone is down on the outside now.
Mickie goes over and delivers a cheap shot to Natalya while she's down with the trainers on the other side of the ring. Mickie nails Natalya again but the music hits and out comes Ronda Rousey to a pop. Mickie goes back into the ring. Rousey checks on Natalya and helps her up. Mickie comes over and baseball slides Rousey, knocking her down. Rousey stands up and stares at Mickie. Rousey hits the ring and Mickie attacks her. Rousey takes Mickie down and applies the armbar. Mickie taps as the referee calls for the bell. Rousey breaks the hold and goes back to the floor to check on Natalya. Rousey's music hits as she helps Natalya to her feet. Rousey and an official assist Natalya as we go back to the announcers for Greatest Royal Rumble hype. RAW goes off the air with Rousey helping Natalya to the back.