Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. We will be providing live ongoing coverage of tonight's SmackDown, while you all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- Tonight's WWE SmackDown opens up with the normal opening video.
- We're live from Newark, New Jersey with Mauro Ranallo, JBL and David Otunga.
- Greg Hamilton introduces James Ellsworth and out he comes to a pop.
We see what happened last week with Ellsworth. He thanks SmackDown bosses Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon for allowing him to come out and say goodbye. A "no" chant starts. Ellsworth says he hasn't been able to eat or sleep and won't be able to move on in his life until he tells Dean Ambrose that he's truly sorry. Ellsworth asks Ambrose to come out to the ring so he can make it right. The music hits and out comes Ambrose.
Ambrose says Ellsworth doesn't owe him an apology, Ambrose brought him to ringside. Ellsworth says he has two victories over WWE World Champion AJ Styles, thanks to Ambrose, and Ellsworth repays Ambrose by costing him the title. Ellsworth says he came to SmackDown to fight and last week wasn't his fight. He knows that now. He also knows that any man with two hands can make a mistake. Ambrose says everything is alright, it's water under the bridge but Ellsworth has to promise to never get in his way again. Ellsworth says if he could go back in time and fix what he did, he would. But he can't go back in time, all he can do is look in Ambrose's eyes and tell him he's sorry. The music hits and out comes Styles.
AJ comes out and tries to quiet the fans chanting his name by telling them he knows who he is. AJ goes on about Ambrose and Ellsworth, saying Ellsworth owes him some of his merchandise checks and owes him for his whole career. Ambrose and Styles have words until Ellsworth gets in between them. AJ shoves Ellsworth into Ambrose and kicks Ambrose's leg out. AJ tosses Ellsworth to the floor and hits a Phenomenal Forearm to Ambrose.
- We get a look back at Randy Orton, Kane and The Wyatt Family from last week. Orton vs. Kane will face off in a No DQ match tonight. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Daniel Bryan is with Ellsworth and Ambrose backstage. Ellsworth won't stop apologizing. Bryan grants Ambrose another shot at Styles tonight and if he wins, he will be the #1 contender. Ambrose walks off and Bryan orders Ellsworth to stay away from ringside.
No DQ Match: Kane vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton to a pop. Kane is out next.
The bell rings and Orton immediately goes to the floor. Kane follows but gets sent into the ring post. Orton grabs a chair but Kane takes it and uses it on Orton's back. Kane brings it back in the ring but Orton kicks him and beats him into the corner. Kane fights back and hits the sidewalk slam. Kane readies for a chokeslam but the lights go out and The Wyatt Family graphics flash. The lioghts come back on and Bray Wyatt is with Luke Harper at ringside.
Kane blocks a RKO from behind but Harper and Wyatt pull him to the floor. He fights them both off and comes back in to grab Orton by the throat. Harper and Wyatt hit the ring for the save, leading to a RKO from Orton for the pin right in front of Harper and Wyatt.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Orton stares at Harper and Wyatt through the pin and after the bell when his music hits. The music stops and Kane gets up. Harper drops him with a big clothesline. Harper gets in Orton's face and grabs Kane again to push him into a Wyatt attack. Orton steps in front of Harper and pushes Kane into a Sister Abigail from Wyatt. Wyatt and Harper pose over Kane's body while Orton hits the corner and does his pose at the same time. Wyatt yells to follow the buzzards and that's it.
- Back from the break and we get a Baron Corbin video package.
Becky Lynch and Nikki Bella vs. Carmella and Alexa Bliss
We go to the ring and Carmella waits with Alexa Bliss while Nikki Bella makes her way out. Her partner is out next, SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch.
Bliss takes control of Nikki early on and taunts her. She tries to hit Becky on the apron bt misses. Carmella and Becky both get involved. Nikki and Becky clear the ring and stand tall as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Becky unloads on Carmella. Bliss eventually comes in but Carmella distracts the referee and Becky from the apron. Becky goes after her but Bliss comes from behind and hits the DDT for the win.
Winners: Carmella and Alexa Bliss
- After the match, new SmackDown correspondent Dasha Fuentes from WWE NXT tries to interview Bliss and Carmella in the ring but they shoo her off. They run down the RAW Superstars to hype the Survivor Series match. Bliss also cuts a promo on Becky, saying she's coming for the title next week in Glasgow.
- Bryan and Shane are backstage with Naomi. They inform her she's the next Superstar to be added to Team SmackDown at Survivor Series. She thanks them and leaves. Natalya comes in, still lobbying for a role on the team after losing last week. Bryan makes her the Coach of the team and she says she's going to whip them into shape.
- Still to come, Ambrose vs. Styles in the main event. Ellsworth is banned from ringside. Back to commercial.
Survivor Series Qualifying Match: The Spirit Squad vs. American Alpha
Back from the break and Kenny is in the ring with Mikey. The Spirit Squad start their routine but American Alpha quickly interrupts. Chad Gable and Mikey start things off.
Mikey takes control of Gable and tags in Kenny, who misses a big leg drop from the top. Gable tags in Jason Jordan, who unloads on Kenny. Jordan launches Kenny across the ring with a suplex but misses in the corner and gets rolled up for 2. The Spirit Squad double teams Jordan but they miss and Gable tags in. Jordan and Gable hit the double team on Mikey to qualify for Team SmackDown at Survivor Series.
Winners: American Alpha
- The announcers lead us to a promo for Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar.
- Back from a break and The Miz is in the ring with Maryse for another episode of MizTV. He says he's going to put the past behind him for tonight and be a journalist to get some Survivor Series answers. He introduces SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan and out he comes to a pop.
Bryan first announces that there will be two more tag team qualifying matches for Survivor Series. Miz wants to know about the men's team. Bryan announces Randy Orton, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose and WWE World Champion AJ Styles for Team SmackDown. The Miz isn't happy. Bryan says Miz wasn't even considered. Miz accuses Bryan of coming out to humiliate him on his show, in front of his wife. They have words and Bryan says he lied, Miz was considered but they need Superstars that are willing to fight any time and Miz proved last week that he's afraid to fight. They argue some more until Miz says he wasn't scared to fight, Bryan was, and puts Miz in between them. Bryan gets upset as Miz leaves the ring. Bryan tells Miz to join commentary as Dolph Ziggler will be defending the WWE Intercontinental Title in an Open Challenge. Ziggler makes his way out as we go to commercial.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Curt Hawkins vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and The Miz and Maryse are on commentary as Ziggler waits in the ring. Curt Hawkins is out to answer the open challenge. He continues the gimmick of getting the city wrong and calls this Atlantic City. Hawkins cuts a promo and gets in Ziggler's face.
The bell rings and Hawkins turns around to a big superkick from Ziggler for the really quick squash.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Ziggler raises the title as Miz looks on from commentary. Renee Young interviews Ziggler in the ring. Ziggler issues a challenge to any RAW Superstar for the Survivor Series pay-per-view and says he will put his title on the line. The Miz pitches a fit at ringside as Ziggler's music hits.
- Dasha is backstage with Dean Ambrose, asking if he's confident going into tonight's main event. Ambrose says Ellsworth cost him the match last night but that was his fault for having him at ringside. Ambrose says that won't happen tonight... Ellsworth appears and Ambrose asks him what's going on. Ellsworth asks if there's any way he can come to ringside tonight. Ambrose says no, he's not allowed at ringside tonight. Ellsworth begs him but Ambrose says no.
- Back from a break and we see what happened with Orton and Kane earlier. We go backstage to Bray, Harper and Orton. Wyatt says Orton wanting to join them has been met with some skepticism. Wyatt goes on and says Orton does have a place in The Wyatt Family. Orton says he was born with the devil whispering in his ear. He's done trying to fight it, it's almost as if this darkness has shown him the light. Orton says Bray is a God. Orton's eyes light up and flash, and Wyatt laughs.
SmackDown Qualifying Match: The Usos vs. The Headbangers
Back to the ring and The Headbangers, Mosh and Thrasher, wait in the ring. The Usos are out next.
Jimmy Uso comes in as does Mosh. Mosh gets a close 2 count. Thrasher sends Jey to the floor. Jey nails a cheap shot from the floor while the referee is distracted with Mosh, allowing Thrasher to get rolled up by Jimmy for the win.
Winners: The Usos
- Dasha approaches AJ Styles backstage. He just wants to make it to the ring without being asked a dumb question. AJ mocks Dasha and says he's going to beat Ambrose again and this time, his buddy Ellsworth won't be there as an excuse. AJ says Ellsworth has to crawl back in his bargain bin. AJ walks off.
- Ambrose is backstage talking to Ellsworth about how they will still keep in touch but he can't have him in the way at ringside. Ambrose leads Ellsworth out of the building and walks off to the ring as we go to commercial.
Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles
We go to the ring and both Dean Ambrose and WWE World Champion AJ Styles are out for this non-title main event. If Ambrose wins, he becomes the new #1 contender. James Ellsworth is banned from ringside. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and the match is underway. After a dive, Ambrose brawls AJ around the ringside area and brings it back in for a 2 count. Ambrose keeps control but gets rolled up for a 2 count. Ambrose with a roll up for 2. More pin attempts by Ambrose. Ambrose with a Cloverleaf submission now. The hold is broken and Ambrose takes AJ to the top. Ambrose with a super butterfly suplex for a 2 count. Ambrose with strikes now.
AJ with a counter out of nowhere to get the Calf Crusher applied. It's broken and Ambrose goes to the floor for a breather. AJ follows but gets crotched on top of the barrier. Ambrose runs the ringside area and nails AJ with a forearm, knocking him from the barrier. Ambrose brings it back in for a 2 count. Ambrose keeps control but sells a knee injury after AJ counters a blockbuster. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and AJ goes to springboard in but Ambrose kicks and he falls out to the floor. Ambrose goes to the top and nails a big elbow drop to AJ on the floor. Back in the ring with more action. Dirty Deeds is blocked. They run the ropes and Ambrose nails a big clothesline. AJ goes for another Calf Crusher but it's blocked. AJ launches Ambrose into the turnbuckles with a suplex. AJ leaps at Ambrose but gets caught. More counters. Ambrose slams AJ face first and covers for a 2 count.
AJ nails Ambrose in the throat and delivers more strikes. Ambrose counters the Styles Clash but they both collide with clotheslines and go down. James Ellsworth runs down to ringside and starts beating on the apron to cheer Ambrose on. Ambrose is distracted, telling Ellsworth to leave. Ambrose turns around to a pele kick from AJ for a 2 count. Ellsworth looks concerned now. Security runs down and chases Ellsworth through the crowd. AJ watches them and Ambrose rolls him up for a 2 count from behind. More counters. AJ blocks Dirty Deeds and applies the Calf Crusher. Ambrose makes it to the bottom rope.
Ellsworth and security run back around to the ringside area. Ellsworth tries to get in the ring but they stop him. AJ watches and comes down to shove Ellsworth over the announce table. AJ goes to springboard back in but Ambrose blocks it and nails Dirty Deeds for the win.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Dean Ambrose
- After the match, Ellsworth is dragged away by security and he's dazed but smiling. Ambrose looks on as we go to replays. Ambrose limps out of the ring and stops on the stage where security has Ellsworth. Ambrose shrugs and helps Ellsworth stand up for a second before letting him fall. SmackDown goes off the air with a smiling Ellsworth being taken away to the back.