Florida Georgia Line, Train, Flo Rida, Sharon Osbourne, Omar Epps and Chelsie Hightower join WWE and The Creative Coalition to stop bullying
STAMFORD, Conn. – The Creative Coalition and WWE, co-founders of the Be a STAR (Show Tolerance And Respect) anti-bullying initiative, today announced the launch of the S.T.A.R. Alliance, a group of actors, musicians, comedians, athletes, television personalities and members of The Creative Coalition, who have joined together to help put an end to bullying.
Members of the S.T.A.R. Alliance will join WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Superstars, such as Big Show, The Miz and Mark Henry, and The Creative Coalition to spread the Be a STAR message of showing tolerance and respect to help combat bullying, reaching more than 400 million social media followers combined. Select S.T.A.R. Alliance members will also participate and share their stories at Be a STAR anti-bullying rallies across the U.S., including this week in Los Angeles as part of WWE's community outreach events during SummerSlam Week.
S.T.A.R. Alliance members include:
* Quinton Aaron ("The Blind Side")
* Kris Allen ("American Idol" winner)
* Jose Bautista (Toronto Blue Jays)
* Andrea Bowen ("Desperate Housewives")
* Erin Cummings ("Astronaut Wives Club")
* Tim Daly ("Madam Secretary")
* Daughtry (Grammy-nominated artist)
* Omar Epps ("Resurrection")
* Flo Rida (Grammy-nominated artist)
* Florida Georgia Line (award-winning country superstars)
* Skylar Grey (Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter)
* Chelsie Hightower ("Dancing with the Stars")
* Caleb Johnson ("American Idol" winner)
* Arielle Kebbel ("John Tucker Must Die")
* Piers Morgan ("Piers Morgan Tonight")
* Ryan Ochoa ("Pair of Kings")
* Sharon Osbourne ("The X-Factor")
* Darius Rucker (Hootie &The Blowfish)
* Cassie Scerbo ("Make It Or Break It")
* Kendall Schmidt ("Big Time Rush")
* Chaske Spencer (the "Twilight" sagas)
* Train (Grammy-Award winning band)
* Gerard Way (formerly of My Chemical Romance)
* Pete Wentz (Grammy-nominated Fall Out Boy)
* Constance Zimmer ("House of Cards")
"The mission of the S.T.A.R. Alliance is to use pop culture's most influential voices to help eradicate the raging bullying epidemic plaguing America's schools," said Robin Bronk, CEO of The Creative Coalition. "We are delighted to partner with WWE to bring these powerful and inspirational voices of the entertainment industry to encourage children to be participatory in standing up to bullies."
"WWE is proud to help bring together a diverse group of international celebrities who all share the vision to stop bullying forever," said Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, WWE. "Through the joint efforts of WWE, The Creative Coalition and the S.T.A.R. Alliance, we hope to reach millions of young people and provide them with the knowledge and resources they need to help put an end to bullying in their communities."
Be a STAR is an anti-bullying initiative co-founded in 2011 by The Creative Coalition and WWE. Its mission is to encourage young people to treat each other with tolerance and respect through education and grassroots initiatives.
WWE and The Creative Coalition leverage the power of The Creative Coalition's entertainment industry constituencies and WWE's global brand and platforms to help combat the bullying epidemic plaguing today's youth.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Sasha Banks And Charlotte Want WWE Women's Title Back, King Barrett Gets Media For Tweet, WWE Shop
WWE Live Event Results From Kansas City (11/28): Finn Balor Challenged, Sheamus Defends, More
The Rock To Make Announcements This Week, WWE Superstars Play Street Fighter Turbo (Video)
Raven Talks Leaving WWE Over Sex Policy, Vince McMahon Having Better Match Than Chris Jericho At WM
Kurt Angle Talks His Career Coming To An End, His TNA Retirement Tour, More
Former WWE Superstar Gets Married, The Rock - Kevin Hart Clip, More On Solomon Crowe
Several WWE Birthdays Today, A Fury Of WWE Belly-To-Belly Suplexes, Bray Wyatt Artwork
Raven On Why He Recently Sued WWE, Drinking With Shane McMahon, Impressing Vince McMahon, More
WWE Legend Pulled Due To Health, The Wyatts Vs. The Dudleyz, The Undertaker Gets WWE DVD Cover
Kurt Angle Talks About His Best Friends In WWE, Brock Lesnar Demanding To Lose To Him, Best Workers
Jim Ross Blogs About Stars WWE Can Bring In For WrestleMania 32, Daniel Bryan Not Getting Cleared
NJPW Owner Says New WWE Signing Is A "Massive Shame", New WWE Coach Helping To Teach English?