Eddie Alvarez Apologizes For Ripping Bellator Title, Hendo And Sonnen Licensed, Bruce Lee EA Video

- Bruce Lee's character in "EA Sports: UFC" has been given special treatment. The marital arts legend will be a playable character for the game, which is set for release June 17 on Xbox One and Playstation 4.

EA Sports has released another video featuring Lee in the game, including showing him competing against several current UFC fighters. Jon Jones, Anthony Pettis and Dana White all talk about Lee in the clip, which you can view above.

"No one's going to be like Bruce Lee," said Jones, the UFC light heavyweight champion. "He was just a one-of-a-kind individual."

- Eddie Alvarez took exception to Bellator's decision to create an interim lightweight championship while he recovers from a head injury. Alvarez, the reigning 155-pound titleholder, was forced out of a planned main event fight with Michael Chandler set for this Saturday at Bellator 120 recently.

Chandler will now meet Will Brooks in the co-main event of the pay-per-view, with the interim title on the line. Chandler is a former Bellator champion, while Brooks won the Season 9 tournament and was expected to meet the winner of Alvarez-Chandler.

Alvarez has apologized for remarks he made concerning the decision in an interview with MMAjunkie.com, posting his apology on Twitter.

"I apologize to Bellator about my comments about the interim belt, (you) guys have been supportive thur out, my reaction was out of line," he wrote on Twitter. "I already feel angry about this situation and Mike's comment made me say something I shouldn't have said. Good luck to both guys Saturday."

During the interview, Alvarez stated that he was "not entirely excited" about the interim title match, but that "business is business.

"I've never seen a champion not be able to fight one fight, and then they put on an interim title. That's got to be the first time I've ever seen that. I think we should get rid of the belts altogether, to be honest. But a fight's a fight. For money, for a belt; whatever you've got to do."

- Both Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen have been approved for upcoming fights in Nevada. The two UFC fighters were given their licenses by the Nevada Athletic Commission during a hearing on Tuesday.

Since both Henderson and Sonnen had previously been granted TRT exemptions, they had to call in to a hearing and apply for a fight license. Henderson faces Daniel Cormier next weekend at UFC 173, while Sonnen is scheduled to return to action in July at UFC 175 vs. Wanderlei Silva.

The commission also approved licenses for Ben Rothwell and Francisco Trinaldo. Rothwell had his suspended after failing a post-fight drug test, while Trinaldo had to apply because he is over 35 years old.

Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.

Short URL: http://goo.gl/30HeVv

« Previous Headline | Comment | Main | Next Headline »

WrestlingInc.com is the largest independently owned wrestling website in the world (Source: Alexa). Follow us (@WrestlingInc) on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook: