Welcome to our ongoing results of tonight's WWE SmackDown. You all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Please help spread word of tonight's coverage. Twitter users, please share this page by clicking the 'Share' button below:
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- SmackDown opens with the theme and we go right to CM Punk's entrance. The Money in the Bank briefcase is hanging above the ring as we see footage from Monday of Punk and Curtis Axel. Punk stands with his arms crossed and takes in the massive "CM Punk" chant. He says if he was John Cena, he would give a heartfelt speech about the 4th of July, but he is CM Punk. He says the 4th is about independence and not conforming; blazing your own trail. He says he is independent to a fault. Punk wants to get his hands on Brock Lesnar and his second goal is to win the Money in the Bank and become WWE Champion again.
Alberto Del Rio interrupts and walks down in a suit. He says he is the World Champion and this is his show. Del Rio gets in the ring and they have a back and forth. Del Rio insults the fans and calls them lazy and fat. Punk talks about how just recently, Del Rio was championing the USA. Punk says he fans saw through his façade. Del Rio orders Punk to leave his ring. Teddy Long comes out and says there will be fireworks in the main event when Punk faces Del Rio.
- Paul Heyman approaches CM Punk in his locker room and tries to give him advice. He wants him to pull out of the main event tonight and let him be at Punk's side at MITB. Punk thanks him but as his friend, tells him to please stay out of it.
- The Usos make their entrance and we see a graphic for their match at Money in the Bank Kickoff against Reigns & Rollins for the tag titles.
The Usos vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
Sandow takes control of Jey Uso and hits the Elbow of Disdain for 2. Cody tags in for some double teaming but Sandow and Rhodes get double superkicks. The Usos hit simultaneous splashes from opposite corners on Sandow for the quick win.
Winners by pin: The Usos
The Shield appear on the Titantron and cut a promo on the Usos. They say they are as strong as they have ever been and The Usos will need more than luck to take the tag titles from them. Ambrose chimes in with some words for Christian and he says he will be Mr. Money in the Bank and he will own the world. This was very good. The little nuances and facial expressions among the 3 men are fascinating with slight suggestions of tension.
Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn
Back and forth. Kaitlyn starts to build momentum as AJ's music hits and she skips around the ring with her title. Kaitlyn is distracted but still holds her own. Kaitlyn goes to strike AJ off the apron and Alicia rolls her up from behind for the win.
Winner by pin: Alicia Fox
Kaitlyn chases AJ up the ramp.
- Christian and Randy Orton give a joint interview to Renee Young in the back about Money in the Bank and their match tonight.
- Cole and JBL send to a Wyatt Family vignette.
- Randy Orton makes his entrance at the top of the 2nd hour. Michael Cole plugs Sean Diddy Combs' new music channel REVOLT. Christian makes his entrance.
Randy Orton vs. Christian
They slowly feel each other out and trade some shoulderblocks and takedowns. Orton explodes out of the corner with a clothesline for 2. Christian counters Orton's ropes-DDT and Orton goes to the floor. Back from a commercial as Orton misses with a flying knee in the ring. Orton hits a Thesz Press. Christian creates some space and comes off the top with a crossbody for 2. Orton fights up from a headlock and sends Christian into the corner and drops him. The crowd chants for the RKO. They trade strikes in the center of the ring. Orton hits a dropkick and starts a flurry but Christian dodges the powerslam but Orton still goes through the motions and powerslams the air.
Orton hits a powerbomb for 2. They have a nice exchange in the corner and Orton gets another 2. Orton connects with the powerslam for another 2 count. Christian goes for the Killswitch, Orton counters and tries the RKO, Christian hits a side slam. Christian waits for Orton to get up and hits the spear but Orton kicks out at 2. Orton avoids the Killswitch and hits the ropes-DDT and coils as the fans go crazy. Christian counters the RKO and slides his neck out. Christian goes up top but there is nobody home. Christian lands on his feet; Randy hits the RKO for the win.
Winner by pin: Randy Orton
- Paul Heyman interrupts Teddy Long in his office and says he heard Teddy was looking for him. Long wants Heyman to join commentary for Punk's match tonight to provide insight on the match. Heyman tries to say 'no' but Long says he is in charge and since Punk wants to be defiant and do what he wants then Long will do the opposite of what Punk wants and let Heyman be out there.
- Dolph Ziggler makes his entrance to the ring as we see footage from the WWE App of Ziggler and AJ where Ziggler tries to get her to focus and stop with the Kaitlyn stuff. Ziggler cuts an in-ring promo on Alberto Del Rio and how the past few weeks have been blurry since his concussion. Ziggler says Del Rio couldn't fool the fans into thinking he was likable. Ouch. Ziggler says he can do in this ring what nobody else can. He says he is taking back what is rightfully his at Money in the Bank.
Drew McIntyre makes his entrance with the rest of 3MB.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre
Ziggler bumps around for Drew and makes him look good. Drew hits a nice snap suplex for 2. McIntyre hits 2 consecutive back breakers for 2. 3MB lurks at ringside. Ziggler creates some space and hits a dropkick to the face of Drew for 2. Ziggler hits the Zig Zag from out of nowhere for the win. That was just starting to get good. Great timing between these 2.
Winner by pin: Dolph Ziggler
Ziggler mixes it up with 3MB after the match and he escapes both times and makes them look like bumbling fools.
- The Mark Henry career highlight package is shown.
- Fandango and Summer make their entrance. JBL says, "We dance on Friday night." Justin Gabriel is out next.
Fandango vs. Justin Gabriel
Fandango hits a takedown and prances around. Gabriel speeds things up and goes to hit s suicide dive to the floor but Fandango hits a kick to the face. Fandango goes up top for an elbow drop for the quick win.
Winner by pin: Fandango
Fandango corrects his name pronunciation and points up at the briefcase above the ring.
- Zeb Colter is joined by Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger in one of those green-screen promos. Colter talks about foreign fireworks that are lethal and subpar. Colter says one of these men will win MITB and that will be a win for America.
- Paul Heyman has joined commentary as CM Punk makes his entrance. Del Rio makes his entrance. Cole explains Ricardo's absence with him getting injured by Ziggler last week.
CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
They lock up with 10 minutes left in the show. Back and forth in the corner. More reversals in the corner. Punk hits a running knee in the corner and a clothesline. Punk goes up top but Del Rio scouts it and rolls out of the ring. Back from a break. Punk had hit a suicide dive to the floor during the break. Del Rio lands a kick to the face of Punk for 2. Punk goes for the GTS but Del Rio counters and softens the arm of Punk. Del Rio keeps working the left arm. Del Rio hits a top rope Enzuigiri but Punk kicks out.
Punk avoids the cross armbreaker and hits kicks to Del Rio. Del Rio hits a backbreaker and kicks Punk to the floor. Del Rio sends Punk into the announce table as Heyman complains about how bad this is. Heyman tries to talk to Del Rio but Del Rio shoves him down. Punk sees this and goes crazy on Del Rio. They both get counted out.
Double Count Out
Punk takes Del Rio in the ring and hits the GTS. Punk checks on Paul and helps him up as Heyman is heard explaining and saying he is sorry.
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.