- Impact starts with Sting walking, in a suit, into the arena from the parking lot, from earlier in the day.
- We go to a Bound for Glory Series video package. The tournament begins tonight.
- We go to crowd shots from Peoria, Illinois. It's Open Fight Night. 10 of the 12 men who have qualified for the BFG Series are in the ring. The missing two are Roode and Hardy. Hulk Hogan comes to the stage in a blue TNA tank top and introduces Bobby Roode followed by Jeff Hardy.
Hardy and Roode join the rest in the ring. Hardy has paint on his neck only. Hogan sends to the big screen for the results of the fan vote for the first call-out. Hardy beats Roode, 68%-32%. Hogan asks who Hardy is calling out. Austin Aries cuts a promo about how he would love to face Hardy but he has just as many supporters in the crowd as Hardy. Daniels takes the mic and says Hardy should not call out he or Kazarian because Hardy would suffer a demoralizing loss.
Hardy says he is calling out Roode for making it personal last week. Roode pushes Hardy and a big brawl breaks out.
- Back from a break to a replay. They show a graphic for how the BFG tournament works.
- Mr. Anderson makes his entrance. The guy in the skull shirt that is always at WWE shows is in the front row. Anyone know who that guy is or how he can afford to travel the country chasing wrestling shows every week? He was at RAW again on Monday. Anderson calls out Joseph Park. Park makes his entrance.
Open Fight Night / BFG Series: Mr. Anderson vs. Joseph Park
Anderson plays around with Park and gives him a couple of free shots. Park applies a headlock but Anderson schools him. Park "wakes up" and hits a nice takedown combination. Anderson goes more vicious and kicks Park in the gut and takes it to him with strikes in the corner. Park stacks Anderson up out of the corner for 2. Anderson hits a swinging neckbreaker for 2.
Anderson misses with a senton from the top. Park hits a back bodydrop a Boston Crab. DOC shows up and distracts the ref. Park gets rolled up from behind but Park kicks out. Park hits a series of slams and goes to the second turnbuckle. DOC gets on the apron and kicks Park. Anderson takes the advantage with a reverse STO for the win.
Winner of 7 points by pin: Mr. Anderson
- Anderson and DOC argue in the back in front of the brotherhood. They both think they should be the new VP. Bully yells at them and says they will put it to a vote. He says they have other business tonight involving his wife.
- Jay Bradley is in the ring. He calls out Austin Aries.
Open Fight Night / BFG Series: Austin Aries vs. Jay Bradley
Aries hops in the ring and side steps a charging Jay who falls out of the ring. Aries leaps off the top and onto Jay on the floor. Back in the ring, Bradley kicks Aries off top and to the floor. Bradley powers Aries back in and hits a knee for 2.
Bradley is relentless with about 3 elbow drops but Aries kicks out. Aries ducks a big boot in the corner and he goes to work with quick kicks. Aries hits a dropkick in the corner and comes off the top with a missile. Jay eats some more kicks but hits a big backbreaker across his knee. Aries is able to power the big man up for the brainbuster for the win.
Winner of 7 points by pin: Austin Aries
- A Sting video package is shown.
- Sting doesn't stop for the cameras in the back but he says he is on his way for a little "sit-down."
- Sting is in the shadows talking about "brotherhood" and "family." He asks the shadowy figure if he's "in." The man puts out his hand and they shake.
- Chavo motivates Hernandez in the back.
- Hernandez makes his entrance. He calls out Daniels.
Open Fight Night / BFG Series: Hernandez vs. Daniels
Daniels goes right to work on Hernandez' legs. Hernandez comes back with big power moves. Daniels rakes the eyes and takes the big man down to size. Hernandez hits a big gorilla press throw and runs through Daniels with a series of clotheslines and axe handles. Hernandez hits Air Mexico into the ring. Daniels hits a low-blow and the Best Moonsault Ever for the win.
Winner of 7 points by pin: Daniels
- Linda...I mean Brooke Hogan is on her way to the ring.
- Back from a break as Kazarian is in the ring. He calls out Magnus.
Open Fight Night / BFG Series: Magnus vs. Kazarian
Kaz tries to get in a cheap shot from behind but Magnus turns around and has him scouted. Kaz takes the same approach as Daniels from before and takes the big man to his knees. Kazarian hits a nice spinning neckbreaker but Magnus comes back and for a series of clotheslines. Magnus catches Kaz in mid-air and slams him but Kaz gets his foot on the rope. Magnus charges into the corner but Kaz moves. Magnus applies the Texas Cloverleaf and Kaz taps after about 5 seconds.
Winner of 10 points by submission: Magnus
- Hulk is on his phone in the back. He is talking about "3 new guys." Bully approaches from behind with the hammer. Hulk grabs him by the collar and backs him into the wall. He dare Bully to hit him with the hammer. Bully says he is not that kind of man. Bully wants to talk to Brooke. Hogan says they are done. Bully asks Hogan why he thinks Brooke stopped him from hitting Bully with the hammer two weeks ago. Bully leaves and calls Hulk, "dad." Hogan is beyond frustrated.
- Brooke Hogan comes to the ring and stands behind a podium. She praises the Knockouts but her mic sound is low. She says we are going to have a hot summer. She calls all the Knockouts to the ring for a State of the Knockouts. ODB and Eric Young lead the way. Mickie James comes out with her own personal introduction from Brooke. She comes out cutting a heel promo about the state of the division.
Brooke says this is not just about Mickie. Brooke turns her attention to Eric Young. She wants to know if he remembers what she told him last year. He comically says that, "Technically, [he's] not a woman." He hands over the TNA Knockouts Tag Titles. He says the good news is that it is National Kissing Day and he falls all over ODB. They leave.
Brooke says Velvet Sky is the heart of the division. Mickie interrupts and says that Velvet is hurt. Brooke says she spoke to Velvet's doctor and she is good to go so they will face-off next week. Gail Kim wants some attention and respect. Brooke praises Gail's match with Taryn. She says Gail will get her rematch against Taryn in a Ladder Match in Las Vegas.
Instant Reaction: This wasn't the smoothest segment but in Brooke's defense, she improvised well and got the points across.
- Hogan tells his daughter that she did a good job but now she has to leave because Bully is going to turn it into a circus. She reluctantly gets into the limo to go back to the hotel.
- AJ Styles makes his full entrance to the ring. He grabs a mic and with the "mood" lights, he says this is not about TNA or Aces & 8's, but about becoming the TNA World Champion. He says that after 11 years, TNA is no place for a hero. He is sick and tired of doing the right thing; he's doing his own thing. Samoa Joe makes his entrance.
BFG Series: Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles
The bell rings and here we go! They circle each other and start off with some MMA stand-up. AJ takes him down to a knee with a side headlock. AJ holds on the headlock as Joe tries MMA-style escapes. Joe counters the head scissors and AJ releases. AJ takes control with methodical offense. Joe hits the Enzuigiri on the apron and leg sweeps AJ as we go to a commercial.
We're back to action as Joe gets a near fall in the ring. Joe is in full control. AJ catches Joe with a dropkick and Joe goes to the floor. AJ hits another one through the ropes and to the floor as we are told that there are 5 minutes left in the match. AJ comes off the top with a flying forearm for 2. Joe hits a lightning fast powerslam and goes to an arm submission but AJ gets out.
Joe goes for a superplex but AJ shifts his weight and falls on top of Joe. Both men are down as the ref counts. Both men trade strikes in the center of the ring. AJ applies the Calf Killer but Joe turns into a crossface. AJ almost gets 2. 30 seconds remain. They grapple on the mat but time runs out.
Time Limit Draw: 2 points each
AJ sucker-punches Joe and they roll around on the mat. AJ's nose is busted open.
- Bully is on the phone in the back. It's Brooke. He tells her to come back because he wants to talk to her. Bully tells Devon, DOC, and Knux to jump on their bikes to make sure Brooke gets here safely. He tells the others to watch his back.
- Hulk Hogan tells the X-Division stars, Suicide, King, and Sabin that if they win next week, the winner can choose to put up the X-Division Title to face Bully on July 18 for the World Title.
- Bobby Roode makes his entrance. Jeff Hardy is introduced.
Open Fight Night / BFG Series: Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode
Roode meets Hardy on the ramp before Hardy can finish his entrance. They make it to the ring. Back and forth. Roode hangs Hardy out to dry and takes advantage on the floor. Back in the ring, Roode hits a nice suplex and a knee to the chest for 2. Hardy fights back and hits a splash off the second buckle for 2.
Hardy goes into flurry mode punctuated by a dropkick to the face / legdrop to the groin for 2. Hardy hits the Twist of Fate and goes up top but Roode avoids the Swanton. Roode goes to a crossface but Hardy gets out. Hardy hits another Twist of Fate out of nowhere for the win.
Winner of 7 points by win: Jeff Hardy
- Bully Ray is on his way to the ring.
- Sting says the night is young.
- Bully Ray enters the ring and talks about all the guys gunning for his title. He wants to call someone out but not to fight because he is a "lover not a fighter." Brooke doesn't show. He calls her again but the Main Event Mafia music plays and Sting walks out instead.
Sting, in his suit, enters the ring. He tells Bully that he knows a lone wolf can't take Aces & 8's so he went back to his family. Bully says he beat Sting and he can never become champion again. Sting says that doesn't mean that he can't get retribution on Bully. Sting begins to take off his suit. He gets stuck trying to take his tie off like Rocky did with his shirt all those years ago.
Bully calls out Aces & 8's as Sting gets down to his t-shirt. They don't show. Sting throws his shirt on Bully's head and directs Bully's attention to the screen. We see Aces & 8's members laid out. Sting backs Bully up the ramp. Kurt Angle appears in a suit and puts Bully in the Ankle Lock as Bully taps with Sting in his face.
Instant Reaction: Where was Kurt Angle when Sting was getting beat up?
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.