Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap.
- We are welcomed to the show by the voice-over guy and a graphic is shown for Ryback vs. Damien Sandow. They show a short highlight package of both men narrated by our host.
- We go to the arena as Ryback makes his entrance. Josh Mathews is on commentary with Brad Maddox. Damien Sandow, accompanied by Cody Rhodes, makes his entrance.
Ryback vs. Damien Sandow
They lock up and Ryback shoves Sandow on his butt. Sandow goes to the floor to regroup and when Ryback goes out, Sandow goes back in and does a cartwheel. Ryback gets back in and connects with a super delayed vertical suplex. Ryback continues with power moves in the ring as we go to break.
Ryback hits a splash off the 2nd buckle for a 2 count as we return. Sandow side-steps a charging Ryback in the corner; they cut to Josh and Brad upon impact. Sandow takes control and works the left arm of Ryback. Sandow drops knees on the left arm as we cut to Josh and Brad. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain for 2.
Ryback catches Sandow off the ropes and drops him. Cody grabs Ryback's leg from under the ropes but Ryback just drags his body into the ring. Sandow is unable to take advantage of the distraction and Ryback takes his head off with a clothesline. Ryback hits Shell Shock for the win.
Winner by pin: Ryback
- This week's Saturday Morning Spotlight is Mick Foley. They show highlights from his 2 weeks in charge.
- We cut to the locker room where Cody is complaining to Mick Foley that that wasn't fair. Foley says it wasn't fair that Cody interjected himself into the match. Foley says it's only fair that Cody faces Kane next and Sandow is banned from ringside.
- Back from a break as Cody makes his entrance followed by Kane.
Kane vs. Cody Rhodes
Maddox says that Cody should have at least have gotten a chance to comb through his mustache before being forced into a match on such short notice. Kane tosses Cody through the ropes and to the floor. There is a sign in the crowd right in front of the hard camera that is blurred. I should go check my DVR from RAW; I don't recall an inappropriate or otherwise note-worthy sign.
Kane stays in control in the ring. He lifts Cody high over his head and threatens to throw him onto the announce table but he just drops him on the mat. Cody screams at the fans at ringside that he didn't ask for this match. Cody begs-off in the ring as we go to commercial.
- Brodus Clay brings us this week's PSA telling us to not try this at home. He says even as a little funkasaurus on Planet Funk he would never had attempted the moves he saw on TV.
- Back to action as Cody drop toe-holds Kane to the top turnbuckle and takes him down into a side headlock. Kane gets up and out but Cody hits a nice dropkick for 2 and goes back to a headlock. Kane escapes with a suplex and starts a flurry; he hits Cody with a side slam for 2. Kane goes up top and flies off with a clothesline.
Cody sees the chokeslam coming and escapes to the floor while dropping Kane's throat across the top rope. Cody runs back in and hits The Disaster Kick but we only see Josh's animated reaction which actually makes the move seem more impactful than it probably looked. Cody only gets 2. Cody goes up top but Kane catches him with a big boot on the way down for the win.
Winner by pin: Kane
Josh signs off with no mention of WrestleMania.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.