|By Marc Middleton | March 24, 2013 | Comments|
- We had one of our best nights of TV production ever at NXT on Thursday while taping five, one hour broadcasts of NXT. The marathon took less than four hours which is a credit to all involved on the production and organizational side notwithstanding the talents themselves.
- @BigELangston had an impressive night and I look for 'E' to have a memorable 2013 in WWE. Hugely strong, highly intelligent, athletic with good feet, Big E simply needs experience to become what WWE needs from him and that is to be a break through star ala The Shield.
- Good work at the announce desk by Tony Dawson, Tom Phillips, William Regal and Brad Maddox. Maddox could evolve to be very good in the color commentator role as he has a natural gift of gab, good timing and is a bright kid. I always said that he reminded me of the late, Eddie Gilbert while watching Maddox in the ring down in talent development. @MichaelCole and I enjoy working with the young broadcasters who are getting plenty of reps in NXT.
- WWE has hired a new, strength and conditioning coach which is a brilliant move for the long term development of every talent in the system.
- HUGE RAW Monday in Philly headlined by both @TheRock and @JohnCena in the house live. The redemption vs. legacy tag lines are all well and good and while being accurate never discount the fact that both men are hugely competitive and accustomed to being 'the man.' They are Alpha Males of which is always interesting to observe. I've often wondered how Rock and Cena would have co-existed during parts of the Attitude Era especially when one throws in an element like @steveaustinBSR. It would have made for an interesting locker room. These two men travel in different circles and have never been in the WWE grind long enough together to build the unique and often times unspoken bond that many performers have. Call me naive if you choose but I see two, strong willed men who will try to show up the other on April 7 when finesse inside the ring ropes won't be acceptable to them or the fans.
Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, you can check out the full entry by clicking here.
Also, don't forget to order some of JR's BBQ Sauce, which is great for the kitchen and the grill, at WWEShop.com by clicking here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Bret Hart Reveals Status Of The Dungeon, WWE Fans Want Brock Lesnar Vs. Mayweather, Kaitlyn Contest
The Rock Gives Props To Eric Young, Mickie James In Action, TNA Top 5, TNA Slammiversary Updates
WWE Superstar Turns 31 Today, John Morrison Does Parkour (Video), House Of Hardcore Updates
Former WWE Superstar Caught Selling Unauthorized Photos Of Hulk Hogan?
Jim Ross Blogs On Hulk Hogan Possibly Wrestling Again, Big GFW Announcements, Billy Corgan In TNA
WWE Superstar Works As A Heel, Success For WWE Studios Movie, Bret Hart Talks About His Father
Chris Jericho On Future Of WWE PPV Main Events, Former WWE Star Calls Extreme Rules Match A Joke
"Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Vs. Manny Pacquiao" Results: Mayweather And Pacquiao Make History, More
More On Hulk Hogan Returning To The Ring At WrestleMania, Vince McMahon "Looking Forward To It"
CM Punk Has Second MMA Scrimmage, AJ Lee At Roufusport
Sheamus Talks About Shelton Benjamin Calling Him A Rookie, Heat Over Winning The Title Quickly
Floyd Mayweather Relinquishing His Titles, Mayweather - Big Show, Reporters Banned From Fight, Tyson