Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap.
- We begin with an ominous video for the search for a GM of the show. A decision will be made today and a new era will begin. The very course of Saturday Morning Slam changes forever.
- We go to the ring where Booker T asks the crowd how their morning is. Booker says he has found the GM and introduces Mick Foley. Foley comes down in a suit. Heath Slater is on commentary with Josh Mathews.
Mick Foley stands in the ring alone and says SMS will be more fun, exciting, and unpredictable as ever under his watch. He is interrupted by Daniel Bryan with his wet combed hair and a single Superman "S" curl on his forehead. Bryan can't believe they chose Foley over him as GM. Foley says it is probably due to Bryan's anger issues. Bryan steams that he doesn't have anger issues. Foley proposes that Bryan be his assistant. Bryan is excited but Dolph Ziggler and his cohorts interrupt.
Ziggler gets in the ring and says the only thing worse than Foley as GM is Foley as GM with Bryan as his assistant. AJ says this is a farce and she and Dolph should be running the show. They have a "No/Yes" session with Bryan. Foley stops it and says his first act as GM will be Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler, right now. We go to commercial.
- Alberto Del Rio brings us this week's PSA to not try this at home.
Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
They go back and forth and Ziggler dips to the floor to regroup with AJ and Big E. Ziggler gets back in and Bryan takes him down. They grapple on the mat and Bryan does a headstand to escape Ziggler and kicks him in the head off-camera. Bryan stretches Ziggler in a surfboard and releases. Bryan hits a series of No Kicks but the camera is zoomed so we don't see them and they show Big E.
Ziggler and Bryan have a beautiful exchange as they run the ropes. Bryan finally breaks the stalemate with an armdrag that sends Ziggler to the floor. We go to commercial.
We're back as Ziggler has regained control in the ring. He does situps using Bryan's body as an anchor. Bryan rolls him up for 2. Bryan mounts a comeback and hits a hurricanrana to steal the sudden win.
Winner by pin: Daniel Bryan
- Mick Foley tells Tensai and Brodus Clay in the back that their dance is lacking something. Foley rips off his dress shirt and reveals the Dude Love tie-dye shirt. He starts to do the 'knee-dance.' Rosa Mendes and Primo & Epico show up and Rosa tells them off in Spanish and they leave. Foley says she either said that she admired the moves of the 3 dancing bears, she couldn't bear to watch it, or that they could barely dance. Brodus and Foley have a laugh and continue the bear/bare puns but Tensai isn't pleased. That was the most personality Clay has shown in a promo or any verbal segment.
- Back from a break as Tensai & Brodus make their entrance with the Funkadactyls. Heath Slater makes fun of Tensai and Clay at on commentary. Primo & Epico are already out there and Rosa is wearing sleeves and her chest is covered.
Brodus Clay & Tensai vs. Primo & Epico
Tensai starts off with Epico. Epico gets knocked on his butt and tries to slam Tensai but can't lift him. Tensai slams Epico. Epico hits some offense but Brodus tags in and goes to work. Primo breaks the pin and Tensai throws him to the floor. Epico gets pancaked in between Clay and Tensai and they hit a simultaneous splash. Clay gets the pin.
Winners by pin: Brodus Clay & Tensai
Clay, Tensai, and The Funkadactyls dance in the ring as we go off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.