SmackDown Results - Sheamus Vs. Big Show, The Shield, Randy Orton & More
|By Kian Terani | March 08, 2013 | Comments|
Ryback backs Sandow up and hits chops in the corner and then throws him across the ring by his head. Maddox provides entertaining banter on commentary. Sandow gets the first man in advantage from the floor and builds momentum on Ryback. I will have to go back after the show just to pay closer attention to Maddox' commentary.
Ryback hits a spinebuster and hits the Meat Hook clothesline out of the corner. Ryback hits Shell Shock and gets the win.
Winner by pin: Ryback
Cole tells Maddox to go get an interview with Ryback in the ring but Maddox tries to send to commercial. We see a graphic for Punk-Taker and then The Shield as Josh sends to commercial for real.
- We return to an outside shot of the Times Union Center in Albany. We go to footage of Big Show getting powerbombed by The Shield on RAW.
- Matt Striker asks Big Show's thoughts in the locker room. A rather melow Show says he just knocks people out and he doesn't choose sides. He will knock Sheamus out tonight. He balls his fist in Matt's face and says that is his answer to everything. He turns his head away from Matt and the camera focuses in as Show ponders.
- Ricardo Rodriguez introduces Alberto Del Rio to a nice ovation and they show the kids announcing along with Ricardo. Brad Maddox welcomes us back to the show as he refers to himself in the 3rd person and continues to be oddly hilarious. He says he wants the last word as we go to commercial.
- Dolph Ziggler makes his way to the ring with AJ and Big E.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio
Ziggler takes control early and Big E provides help behind the ref's back. Ricardo throws his towel in Big E's face on the floor and Big E stalks him but AJ stops the big man. Ricardo grabs the bucket and throws water but Big E moves and AJ gets soaked. Big E stops AJ from attacking Ricardo and the ref throws them both out as we go to break.
We're back to ring action as Dolph gets 2 on Del Rio. Del Rio does a sunset flip for 2. Swagger and Zeb look-on on a monitor in the back. Del Rio lays out Ziggler and kicks him in the head as he lays on the mat. Del Rio hits a reverse superplex to Ziggler off the top. I can't remember the last time I saw that move. The pace quickens as Del Rio hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and a kick to the face but Ziggler kicks out.
Del Rio starts to call for his finisher as Ziggler counters and they go back and forth. Maddox asks Josh if he's gone through puberty yet and tells Cole to "remind me to fire you when we get back to Monday." Maddox tells Josh to remind him to promote him to assistant commentator. I usually don't laugh out loud at WWE humor but this guy Maddox is pure gold.
Del Rio comes off the top but Ziggler hits him with a dropkick in mid-air but somehow, Del Rio kicks out. Del Rio snaps off a German Suplex but only gets 2. Del Rio charges at Ziggler in the corner but Dolph comes off the 2nd buckle and leaps into a DDT for 2. That was cool. They have more exciting back and forth; Del Rio locks-in the cross armbreaker and Dolph taps in about 5 seconds.
Winner by submission: Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio stands in the ring and points at the WrestleMania sign for an awkward extended amount of time.
- Daniel Bryan approaches a soaked AJ in the back and they catch-up so to speak. AJ says that soon she will be with the World Champion as she actually gets along with her new boyfriend. Bryan reminds AJ that when they were together he didn't carry around a briefcase, he had the title. AJ says he lost it in 18 seconds. Bryan says she should be used to things lasting 18 seconds. The crowd pops and Bryan walks away. We go to break.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.