|By Kian Terani | February 27, 2013 | Comments|
- The show opens with an Earlier Today as Kaitlyn walks into Cody Rhodes backstage. They have an awkward moment trying to pass each other and Kaitlyn snorts. Sheamus shows up and makes jokes about Cody's mustache. Cody gets irritated and challenges him to a match. Sheamus isn't fazed as he agrees and leaves. Cody says that "tonight the love-stache strikes back." Kaitlyn busts out laughing but catches herself as Cody turns to her and leaves.
- The opening theme plays and we go to crowd shots from Oklahoma, OK. Michael Cole welcomes us to the show and he is joined for the first time on Main Event by Jerry Lawler.
- Sheamus' music hits and he makes his way to the ring as we shots of kids cheering. Cody Rhodes is out next as we see shots of kids booing.
Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
They lock up and Sheamus pushes Cody on his butt. They reset and Cody ends up on his butt again. Sheamus hits a shoulderblock and Cody slides out of the ring to regroup. He makes it back in as Sheamus catches his foot and sweeps his other. Sheamus hits a suplex but Cody kicks out.
Cody is able to throw Sheamus through the ropes to the floor. Cody leaps with a crossbody from apron but Sheamus catches him. They mix it up at ringside. Cody hits the Disaster Kick on the apron and lays Sheamus out on the floor as we go to our first break.
- A promo for Old School RAW leads us back to action.
Cody is in control in the ring as he takes Sheamus to the mat. Sheamus fights up but Cody hits a side Russian leg-sweep to take him back down. Rhodes continues to stomp Sheamus as the fans chant for his mustache. Sheamus rolls Cody up for 2 and Cody quickly resumes offense with a dropkick. Cole and Lawler discuss Cody and Kaitlyn's 'relationship.'
Sheamus creates some space with the Irish Curse and he starts to build steam. Sheamus tosses Cody over the rope but Cody holds on and pulls himself back in. Sheamus clotheslines him this time but he still hangs on by one hand. Sheamus finally delivers his forearms spot on the apron and suplexes Rhodes back in the ring. Sheamus goes up top and hits a shoulderblock but Cody still kicks out. Cody moves in the corner and Sheamus goes shoulder-first into the post. Cody hits an unexpected moonsault off the top and covers Sheamus for 2. They go back and forth. Cody hits a knee to the face of a seated Sheamus for 2.
Cody avoids White Noise and a Brogue Kick. He goes for a Disaster Kick but Sheamus ducks. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick out of the corner for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
- The World's Strongest Man Mark Henry walks in the back toward the ring as we go to break.
- Henry makes his entrance but we don't get the behind-the-back camera angle. They show footage of Henry slamming The Great Khali on RAW. Justin Gabriel makes his entrance.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
AJ Styles Injured Again, Pulled From New Japan Pro Wrestling Show
Jim Cornette Gets Heat For Old Food Stamp Promo, Rockstar Spud Grants Wish, Full TNA Impact Episode
Trish Stratus Photo Shoot Previews, WWE Superstar Turns 34, Underrated Table Bashings In WWE
News On ESPN's Ric Flair Special And What It Will Cover, WrestleMania Announcement Coming?
NJPW Owner Says New WWE Signing Is A "Massive Shame", New WWE Coach Helping To Teach English?
Photos: First-Ever GFW Title Change Takes Place
Matt Hardy Defending At Big WrestleCade Today, Two More EVOLVE Tournaments, ROH Final Battle
Backstage Talk On WWE Pushing Roman Reigns To The WWE World Heavyweight Title, Turning The Fans
Raven On Why He Recently Sued WWE, Drinking With Shane McMahon, Impressing Vince McMahon, More
Former WWE NXT Creative Assistant Nails It In Rant About WWE's Product And Their Ratings Decline
WWE Legend Pulled Due To Health, The Wyatts Vs. The Dudleyz, The Undertaker Gets WWE DVD Cover
Kurt Angle Talks About His Best Friends In WWE, Brock Lesnar Demanding To Lose To Him, Best Workers