|By Marc Middleton | February 04, 2013 | Comments|
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Mark Henry makes his return and lays Bryan out at ringside. Henry enters the ring and slams Rey with a big running powerslam. Henry drags Rey to the corner but out comes Sin Cara. Cara springboards in but Henry catches him and hits a World's Strongest Slam. Henry goes back to Rey. Rey tries to fight back but also catches a WSS. Henry drags Rey back to the corner and yells that's not enough. Henry with a big splash from the second rope on Rey. Henry tosses Cara out of the ring and continues yelling as his music plays.
- Back from the break and Bryan catches up with Kane backstage. Bryan asks why Kane didn't stop Mark Henry. Bryan wants an apology. Kane mocks their friendship and walks off laughing.
- We see Big Show at his hotel. He's on the phone with Booker T wondering where the contract is. Someone knocks on the door and Big Show hands up. Show opens the door and instead of a courier with a contract, it's room service. Show signs the bill and makes the waiter leave without a tip.
Sheamus vs. Kane
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus. His opponent is one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane makes his way to the ring. Back and forth action to start the match. Kane with a big sideslam for a 2 count. Kane keeps control and stomps on Sheamus. They brawl on the floor before Kane brings it back in. Sheamus fights back from his knees and hits an Irish Curse backbreaker. Sheamus makes a comeback and sends Kane to the floor but he lands on his feet. Sheamus catches Kane on the apron and hits him with forearm shots to the chest. Kane interrupts the count and climbs to the top. Kane rolls through and blocks a Brogue Kick. Sheamus blocks a chokeslam. Kane counters White Noise but Sheamus blocks a Tombstone. Kane hits a big DDT and waits for a chokeslam. Daniel Bryan runs down and distracts Kane from the apron. Kane grabs him by his throat and pushes him off the apron. Kane turns around to a Brogue for the win.
- Still to come, Cena will call out The Shield and MizTV with Paul Heyman. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and The Miz is int he ring for MizTV. He talks about Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman but is interrupted by Heyman. Heyman says he will introduce himself to Miz in his face right now. Heyman says he won't let someone like Miz to soil his name. Heyman offers his best wishes to Vince McMahon. Miz interrupts and says nobody believes Heyman cares about Vince. Heyman says he didn't know Lesnar was in Las Vegas and didn't know he would be attacking Vince. Heyman says he's sorry it happened but it did.
Heyman rants about Punk and The Rock. Miz says he's changing the subject. Heyman says he will answer questions from The Miz as soon as he answers his. They come face to face and out comes Vickie Guerrero. She says the bickering has to stop. Vickie says Heyman is telling the truth - he had nothing to do with Lesnar returning last week. Vickie says she did. Vickie says she has been secretly negotiating with Brock for a while because he was an elite free agent. Vickie says re-signing Brock was a chance for her to impress Vince so she could be promoted to permanent General Manager. Vickie says she had no idea he was going to attack Vince. She feels bad about it and cries on Heyman's shoulder.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Drew McIntyre Talks Injury During WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" Loss And What's Next (Video)
Triple H On Andrade Almas' Win (Photo), Lars Sullivan Sends A Message (Video), Stars At Takeover
WarGames Returns At WWE NXT (Photos, Videos)
Top WWE NXT Superstar Injured At Takeover
Triple H On Ember Moon (Photo), Next WWE NXT Takeover Event (Video), NXT TV Matches Taped
Big Title Change At WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" (Photos, Video)
WINC Podcast (11/18): NXT TakeOver: WarGames Review, Drew McIntyre Gets Injured, David Otunga
Who Won The Vacant WWE NXT Women's Title At "Takeover: WarGames" Tonight? (Photos, Video)
AJ Styles Hints At His WWE Run Ending In A Couple Of Years
Steve Austin Talks Quitting WWE Over Brock Lesnar Match, Who Was Responsible For Him Returning
WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" Results - Huge Main Event, Two New Champions Crowned, Lars Sullivan
Triple H On If He Wants A Match With Kurt Angle, How Angle Was Cleared So Quickly Before WWE TLC
Final Women's WWE Survivor Series Member Announced
Former WWE Star's Gimmick Becomes Reality (Video), RAW Invading SD! Unseen Footage, Hardys & Bayley
Ric Flair Suing Former Manager, Update On "Broken Matt Hardy" Trademark, Best Survivor Series Teams
Domestic Battery Case Opened Over David Otunga - Jennifer Hudson Incident This Week