WWE RAW Results - 20th Anniversary Show, Rock Concert Returns, More
|By Marc Middleton | January 14, 2013 | Comments|
Over the Top Rope Challenge: Sheamus vs. 3MB
Sheamus comes out for an over the top challenge before we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and 3MB are in the ring. They beat Sheamus down to start but he fights them off. They try to toss Sheamus over but he fights back. Sheamus tosses Drew over but he hangs on and Slater makes the save. They beat Sheamus down again. Sheamus eliminates Jinder first and then McIntyre. Sheamus tries to Brogue Slater but gets hung up on the apron. 3MB rush over to help Slater and Sheamus gets eliminated.
- After the match, Sheamus comes back and interrupts their celebration. Slater and McIntyre catch Brogue Kicks to end the segment.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with John Cena. He asks about tonight's steel cage match and Big E Langston. Cena says we should be talking about RAW and runs off a bunch of names in typical Cena fashion.
- The Miz comes to the stage to hype Miz TV. He says his special guest is a Hall of Famer and gives us a hint: Whoooo! Miz struts to the ring as we go to commercial.
The Miz comes out and introduces his guest, Ric Flair. Flair struts to the ring and takes a seat. Miz asks his most memorable RAW moment. Flair says the night after he retired where they had the farewell for him on RAW. Flair wants to talk about the future, not the past. Flair says he's honored to be here. Flair says he's looking forward to when Ryback takes out The Shield. They have a "really?" off and Flair dances. Miz tells him to do it again. Miz calls that a magical moment. He plays a video of some of the best stars on the mic from over the years including The New Age Outlaws, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, DX, R-Truth, CM Punk, Val Venis, Steve Austin and others. Miz says one catchphrase was missing from that video and talks Flair into doing a promo but he's interrupted by United States Champion Antonio Cesaro.
Cesaro comes out with a US flag. He says he doesn't need catchphrases. Cesaro rips into Miz and Flair as the crowd chants USA. Cesaro tells Flair he has nothing to show for being great in the past. Except maybe a bar tab he can't pay. Cesaro says the only thing the four fingers stand for these days is Flair's four ex-wives. Miz gets upset and tosses a chair. Miz says he will pay Flair's bar tab tonight but will give Cesaro the receipt right now. Cesaro says he's going t be the bigger man and walk away. Flair stops him and delivers some chops. Flair whips Cesaro into Miz for a Skull Crushing Finale. Flair goes for a Figure Four but stops. Flair lets Miz apply the Figure Four. Miz tightens the hold as Flair drops elbows on his jacket. Miz kicks Cesaro out of the ring and Flair drops a knee and another elbow on their coats. Flair and Miz pose as Flair's music plays
- Still to come, Cena vs. Ziggler in a steel cage match. Back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes
Back fro the break and Cody Rhodes is in the ring with Damien Sandow. Kane and Daniel Bryan are out next. Cody and Bryan go at it. Cody with an early pin attempt. Cody keeps control and drops a knee on Bryan. Cody wastes time and Bryan pulls him into the Yes Lock for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- Michael Cole shows us a WWE App video of Eve Torres complaining to Matt Striker about how she's a victim. Eve sas she does't need WWE and quits. She blames it on people like Striker and the fans before waking off. The announcers play up Eve quitting.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.