|By Marc Middleton | January 14, 2013 | Comments|
Back from the break and Barrett is in control. Barrett with a headlock but Orton fights out. Barrett cuts him off and takes Orton to the apron with knees to the head. Barrett with a big kick for 2. Barrett goes back to a headlock now. Orton breaks free with a big backdrop. Orton comes back with clotheslines and a big powerslam. Barrett ducks out of the ring but Orton nails the backbreaker. Orton with the second rope draping DDT as the crowd pops. More back and forth. Barrett with the Bullhammer elbow for the clean win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- Still to come tonight is the first Hall of Fame announcement. Back to commercial.
- WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres runs into Teddy Long and Booker T backstage. Booker says Vickie Guerrero agrees that Eve will be stripped of her title if she tries to run away or get counted out tonight. Eve tries to play up to Booker but he laughs in her face. Teddy laughs at her too. Eve smacks Teddy in the face and walks off.
- Cole shows us footage from earlier today where Kane and Daniel Bryan met with Dr. Shelby for an evaluation. Bryan tells Kane that they should lie to Dr. Shelby and tell him what he wants to hear. Kane agrees and in comes the doc. They have a group hug before sitting down. They answer some questions about each other. Shelby brings in Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes. He wants them to cause a trigger for Team Hell No's anger and see how they handle it. Shelby wants Rhodes and Sandow to antagonize them and when they get angry, wash it away and find their happiness. Before that can happen, Sandow and Rhodes end up correcting Shelby and running him down. They call Shelby a failure and say Dr. Phil would be better. Shelby tells Bryan and Kane to attack and they get rid of Rhodes Scholars.
Kane vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan. Kane will face Damien Sandow after the commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow comes out with Rhodes. Kane takes control early on and unloads on Sandow in the corners. Kane with a sideslam for a 2 count. Kane with more offense on the floor. Kane brings it back in but Sandow kicks him. Sandow turns it around and works Kane over now. Sandow goes on and hits the Elbow of Disdain. Sandow comes off the top but Kane catches him with a chokeslam for the win.
- Back from the break and we see what happened with Big Show and Alberto Del Rio earlier tonight.
- Justin Roberts introduces Mick Foley as the first inductee into the 2013 Hall of Fame class. The crowd chants for Foley and out he comes to the ring.
Foley thanks the crowd for their ovation but The Shield's music hits. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns come through the crowd and surround Foley in the ring. Ryback's music hits and out he comes for the save. They beat Ryback down but he turns it around. They beat him down again but now comes Randy Orton for the save. Orton gets beat down also and out next comes Sheamus. Sheamus fights them off. Orton and Ryback join in and the clear the ring after Ambrose takes Shell Shocked. The Shield backs up the ramp as Orton, Ryback and Sheamus stand tall in the ring.
- Ryback gets a big "Feed Me More" chant going. Josh Mathews enters the ring to interview Ryback. He talks about how The Shield has allowed CM Punk to escape every time they face off. Ryback says he can't rest until he gives back The Shield what they have taken from him. Ryback starts a "Feed Me Shield" chant.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Triple H On What He Looks For When Scouting Wrestlers, Wanting Diversity Within The WWE Roster, More
Stephanie McMahon Talks Women's Revolution, Evolution Of WrestleMania, Gronkowski In WWE (Videos)
How Old Is The Undertaker Today?, New Video Of Stephanie McMahon Working Out, Xavier Woods - SXSW
Full Content Listing, Trailer And Cover Artwork For WWE's "Seth Rollins: Building The Architect" DVD
Mauro Ranallo Thanks Supporters, Comments On His Status
The Rock Comments On The Passing Of His Girlfriend's Father, Who Was The Drummer For "Boston"
The Undertaker Talks Getting Into Wrestling, Being Blessed With Success, How He Got His First Match
Triple H On If They Keep People In NXT Instead Of The Main Roster To Keep The Brand Strong
More On Matt And Jeff Hardy To WWE, One Of The Issues Regarding A New Deal
WWE Reportedly In Secret Talks For ROH Buyout
RAW Star Returning To SmackDown Soon?, News On Possible SmackDown Women's Title Match Participants
Mauro Ranallo Update After Missing Two WWE SmackDowns
Jim Ross' Wife Jan Passes Away
Roman Reigns Talks How Hulk Hogan Treated Him
Ryback On Paige Leaks, Xavier Woods, Which WWE Loss Still Bothers Him, Talk With Vince McMahon
Triple H On Kurt Angle Possibly Wrestling In WWE Again