By Raj Giri | August 30, 2007
The New York Daily News released the names of the wrestlers who were customers of Signature Pharmacy (you can access their article by clicking here). The names they reported were Adam Copeland (Edge), King Booker (Robert Huffman), Shane Helms, Mike Bucci (Simon Dean), Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella), John Hennigan (John Morrison), Darren Matthews (William Regal), Ken Anderson (Ken Kennedy), Chavo Guerrero, Randy Orton and Charlie Haas. ESPN also released a list of Signature Pharmacy customers, but with three additional names: Shoichi Funaki, Dave Bautista (Batista) and Chris Mordetsky (Chris Masters).
Sports Illustrated published an article which has information on the drugs and dates the drugs were received by various WWE wrestlers, all of whom fall after the institution of the Wellness policy (the full article can be accessed by clicking here).
Surprisingly, WWE had actually first met with New York prosecutors on 8/14, a full 15 days before any action was taken. The company took action on 8/29, perhaps not so coincidentally right before the Sports Illustrated, New York Daily News and ESPN articles were published on the internet.
Here is the list of wrestlers and the drugs purchased, from the SI article:
* Chris Benoit, who died in June (Full Story), received nandrolone and anastrozole (used by athletes to counter side effects of steroid use, such as water retention and breast enlargement) in February 2006. Two weeks prior to Eddie Guerrero's death (Full Story) he was sent nandrolone, testosterone, and anastrozole.
* Chavo Guerrero received, among other drugs, somatropin (HGH), nandrolone and anastrozole between April 2005 and May 2006.
* Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received, among other drugs, testosterone, genotropin (HGH) and nandrolone between November 2003 and February 2007.
* Randy Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol from September 2004 through February 2007.
* John Hennigan, a.k.a. Johnny Nitro, a.k.a. Johnny Morrison, was prescribed somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone, stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced naturally during pregnancy between June 2006 and February 2007.
* Ken Anderson, a.k.a. Mr. Kennedy received shipments of anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone between October 2006 and February 2007.
* Shoichi Funaki received somatropin in March 2006.
* Brian Adams, a.k.a. Crush, who was found dead on Aug. 13 (Full Story), received nandrolone, testosterone and Somatropin or HGH in December 2006.
* Charles Haas, a.k.a. Charlie Haas was prescribed anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic gonadotropin between August 2006 and January 2007.
ROH Live Event Results From Atlanta (8/29): Six-Man Main Event, The Briscoes, Moose, More
WWE Live Event Results From Orlando (8/29): John Cena Headlines, NXT Superstars, Miz TV, More
Big Match Added To Monday's WWE RAW
WWE Royal Rumble 2016 Pre-sale Password, Rare Roddy Piper Audio Revealed, NXT UK Tour Update
Image Of Two TNA Knockouts Shown At WWE Live Event Saturday Night
ROH Star Unable To Compete Tonight Due To Medical Emergency At The Arena
WWE NXT Diva Also Trending Due To Swastika Photos Uncovered By Fans
WWE RAW Segment Botched, Rumored Chris Benoit Movie Happening?, Backstage NXT Commentary News
Backstage Talk On The Undertaker Vs. Brock Lesnar Finish From WWE SummerSlam
Steve Austin Talks Getting Chewed Out By Vince McMahon After Brock Lesnar Talk, WrestleMania 32
Top WWE Star Wants Limited Schedule, Brock Lesnar Vs. Bo Dallas?, More On WWE Paying New Talents
Video Of Nasty Sasha Banks Bump, Possible Reason Why She Hasn't Wrestled Since Weekend